BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hated this post. Feeling mournful . Covid has ruined this years Iberian tour. I can smell the air from those photies. Totally envious. Fantastic part of Europe. Thanks for sharing. Northern Spain`s coastline and backdrop is second to none.;)

chris.

·
Registered
2020 R NineT /5 & '72 Norton Commando by cNw
1 Posts
I believe the Basque country is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The coastline is amazing. I am jealous that you get to ride there. I was lucky enough to spend a week in the area last year. San Sebastian was much fun and I had the best fish ever in Getaria. We are planning a trip to see more of Spain in 2021 (hopefully) and we have plans to touch the Basque region again. While growing up in New Orleans I was always told my family was from France. As it turns out the Abadie name is (likely) Basque and I discovered that my great grandfather was from Hautes-Pyrénées, France. Enjoy riding your RNineT in that beautiful countryside. Like I said...I'm jealous.

·
Registered
15'NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the Basque country is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The coastline is amazing. I am jealous that you get to ride there. I was lucky enough to spend a week in the area last year. San Sebastian was much fun and I had the best fish ever in Getaria. We are planning a trip to see more of Spain in 2021 (hopefully) and we have plans to touch the Basque region again. While growing up in New Orleans I was always told my family was from France. As it turns out the Abadie name is (likely) Basque and I discovered that my great grandfather was from Hautes-Pyrénées, France. Enjoy riding your RNineT in that beautiful countryside. Like I said...I'm jealous.
Thank you so much for your kind words😊
For sure Basque Country is beautiful, and I enjoy riding my NineT throughout its valleys every now and then.
If you ever happen to visit us, you will be more than welcome!

·
Registered
15'NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! Thanks for posting these pictures of the Basque countryside. I dream of being there on board my racer someday , since our family originates from there. Gracias !!
Thank you so much for your kind words Whitegeronimo. They're motivational for new pictures!
By the way, which part of the Basque Country is your family from? I could ride there and take some nice pictures for you and all of us!

·
Registered
15'NineT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice to hear about your family's history. So interesting.
Indeed, that part of the world is quite far (relatively) from the Basque Country. That's Spain, a beautiful country to visit, whereas where I live is not Spain, at least historically, even if oficially, nowadays, it is (well, Spain and France).
You have more interesting information in this link:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts