BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

HNY!

The time has come to replace my OEM stock battery... It's starting to die, so I think I will probably get it replaced whilst I do my annual service/MOT.

Just wondering, besides the OEM BMW battery (which I don't think is the best), do you have any other recommendations?

I am riding a '15 roadster.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,058 Posts
Happy New Year.

Probably your best bet is to look through this thread:

I fitted the Yuasa HD one and it's been good so far. There are Lithium options if you want to save weight but I decided to go with the Yuasa as the more conventional construction is more of a known quantity and Lithium Batteries seem to be more temperamental in tow temp climates.

Searching the forum for Lithium should bring up compatible models if you want to go that way.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
x2 for the Yuasa HD

Reactions: ecr9t

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know they are cost more but Antigravity Compact 12V Lithium-Ion batteries have been very reliable. I had Antigravity batteries sit for 8+ months (no trickle charge) in my bikes and they would start right up.

·
Registered
21 R9T
170 Posts
FortNine on Youtube has a great battery comparison, vibration is our biggest concern with twins and if weight is your thing. But check it out you'll be surprised.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd go a lithium battery - save around 3.5kg which is substantial. Don't know about the logevity but no issue at all from a cranking amps POV. It's the cheapest way to save weight on the 9T other than subframe removal by far.

I went with an SSB Powersport Lithium - just got the wrong terminal orientation and had to switch my 9T plugs/leads around a little.

Cheers, Dom

·
Registered
566 Posts
@Lelc2: how often do you put a charger? Or only when you feel low voltage?
During 4,5 years old I have been charging 3 times...? December2020, June 2021, December 2021...each 6 months more or less...When I feel lazy crank due to low battery I connect charger during 4/6/8 h...Until now it was enough to recover Battery...but I am not sure if I were able to extend much more...After last charge (december 2021) It became weak again sooner than before.

Main problem is that I am not able to connect all time during all night o 48h etc etc. I don´t have plug in my own garage and I only can charge when I am in my job or father in law house etc etc.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I'd go a lithium battery - save around 3.5kg which is substantial. Don't know about the logevity but no issue at all from a cranking amps POV. It's the cheapest way to save weight on the 9T other than subframe removal by far.

I went with an SSB Powersport Lithium - just got the wrong terminal orientation and had to switch my 9T plugs/leads around a little.

Cheers, Dom
I have had the Lithium batteries in a few bikes, and while they are light and easy to use, if you don't keep them fully charged they can be a nightmare. You also need to know how to trick them into recharging if the turn off on low volts and go into save mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts