BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I somehow missed the scoop on introducing myself when I joined the group, so please accept my apologies.
I joined a while ago and have been receiving a lot of the great information from members here through email notifications of topics - this is quite an active and knowledgeable group, so I appreciate being a participant.
I am recently retired from an IT position and live in Phoenix, Arizona.
I have a few bikes - my 2015 R nine T, a 1972 Triumph Bonneville that I have had since 1975 but had been sitting idle for about 20 years until I recently got her running again, a 1979 Husqvarna 250 OR that I had been racing in Vintage MX but we both have retired to trail riding in the desert:), an AJS Stormer circa ~ 1971 that is in pieces and awaiting some attention, and my wife rides a Honda 250 ATV.
I actually bought the R nine T about 2 years ago after I got the Triumph running - I was successful, and the Bonnie's running very well but I still have a lot of work to do, and I wanted a nice, reliable, modern bike that I could ride while continuing work on it, and that I could really, truly count on getting me out and back every time:) Oh yes, I also found that there is really something to be said for disk brakes:)
I love the R nine T - it is actually the most powerful, quickest bike I have ridden, and handles great. My only complaint is that the ergonomics are a little off for me, but once at speed the wind seems to lift me a bit and it is more comfortable.
My other interests are in aviation, but I have probably already rambled on too much.
Thanks again for the opportunity to join,
Dan Sniezek

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Roadster
481 Posts
Welcome Dan
Snout Automotive exterior Tree Fictional character Symmetry

Reactions: Dan S

·
Administrator
13,058 Posts
Nice to have you on-board Dan. Great introduction! :)

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio, and thanks for sharing that great introduction and the photos! (y)

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
HD Rocker FXCWC; Scrambler due March
297 Posts
Welcome!!

now I don,t feel so guilty of owning more than one bike…

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
5,047 Posts
Hi and (finally) welcome to the forum. 👋:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts