BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,511 Posts
WOW! Errrr I know that no one sees what's under your trousers but knowing that I look like a Baboon's ass with those bad boys on might put me off.

I'm sure they do help though, thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,937 Posts
I have similar padded shorts made specifically for motorcycle riders.
Moto-Skiveez
They come in stretch forward, sit upright, or cruiser style seating positions.
And the padding is on the inside! :laugh2:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol the padding is on the inside in these too.

Dave, give them a try. They won't stand out much (a lot less than the d3O armour on your knees).

It is amazing the difference they make.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Pass! But thanks for sharing. I'll stick with Airhawk!

Reactions: ybakos

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use the Air Hawk inflatable cushion, which works well provided you adjust the air pressure just right. I had some padded cycle pants, but when it's 30C plus out, I just ended with a sweaty crutch. Nasty, nasty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
sheepskin

Sheepskin is an absolute backside saver. Got an off cut when I had my 1150GS from a place called Lambland in Devon I think, £10 at the time. A natural wonder material - if you're doing the miles it's well worth it. It was discussed at length on ukgser.com and at £10 I thought it was worth a try, worked for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just ordered a real sheepskin cover for the Turbane. Lambland supply good long pile sheepskins with the natural oils, so they last for ages. I'll probably bond a closed cell foam to the underside to give more lift and comfort too.
I'll stitch some good grade elastic webbing to it to secure it to the existing seat. I used similar on my Ducati and it was surprisingly comfortable.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
WOW! Errrr I know that no one sees what's under your trousers but knowing that I look like a Baboon's ass with those bad boys on might put me off.

I'm sure they do help though, thanks for sharing.
And for those that might wear them on top...be careful who is behind you if you Bend ove?
Ken.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts