BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a blanking plate available for the left side of a conventionally spoked rear wheel on R9T.
Thanks,Ken.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
596 Posts
Hey Ken,

DK Design make a nice one.

There's also a slew of them on eBay, and most folks here have had good luck with Eoswing brand (from eBay.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dauphinais,
Thanks for that, but, trying to find blanking plate for BIG hole on left side.
Cheers,Ken.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,397 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a blanking plate available for the left side of a conventionally spoked rear wheel on R9T.
Thanks,Ken.
I have one similar to the link posted above (different brand) that does in fact blank off the LHS large hole.
If you look at the top row of pictures from that link (although they show a cast wheel), that is the LHS blanked off.
The two hole covers coming in from either side are joined and tightened through the centre by a threaded rod.

·
Registered
242 Posts
They look tasty, but wouldn't suit me as I put my bike onto a rear wheel paddock-stand.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one similar to the link posted above (different brand) that does in fact blank off the LHS large hole.
If you look at the top row of pictures from that link (although they show a cast wheel), that is the LHS blanked off.
The two hole covers coming in from either side are joined and tightened through the centre by a threaded rod.

Those look very nice, but, the hole in a spoked wheel is massive by comparison.
Not sure the is one available for wire wheels.
Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Those look very nice, but, the hole in a spoked wheel is massive by comparison.
Not sure the is one available for wire wheels.
Thanks, Ken.

surely not?
The axle is the same whether it's a spoked or mag wheel, why would the machined centre be a different size between them?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that wouldn't make any sense, would it?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
surely not?
The axle is the same whether it's a spoked or mag wheel, why would the machined centre be a different size between them?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that wouldn't make any sense, would it?
Hi,
This is the hole I mean, approx. 190mm diameter.
Cheers,Ken. 659063EC-57B3-463A-A59F-7E31C53A29CD.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,397 Posts
Looks like a nice project for someone to do on a lathe.
Could use the same fastening technique as those above utilising a threaded rod through the centre.
Might create a market for "hub caps"! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts