BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
Nice !!!

Reactions: Raven

Administrator
Nice photo, but can you tell us more about the build?

Reactions: Raven

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Nice photo, but can you tell us more about the build?
Sure thing)

I鈥檒l go by the list:

1. Full Akrapovic titanium system (link pipe, header, slip-on), exhaust flap removed, welded and painted custom subframe for Akra, so I can keep the passenger pegs.
2. Wunderlich: engine protection Dakar type, crash bars, oil cooler guard, paralever protection for final drive.
3. Denali D7 2.0 TriOptic Led lights with Hex ezCAN Gen2, plus extension cables, installed with 21mm-29mm tube mount kits.
4. Rizoma Rally pegs with PE798B street pegs adaptor.
5. Kellermann Atto DF integral lights, triple function, Kellermann i.BOS - EL1(resistor) and EE078H turn signal cable kit.
6. Rizoma PT707B plate holder (outside).
7. Unit Garage R nineT side stand enlarger.
8. Unit Garage Two Black Waxed suede Side Panniers + Double Subframe NineT, rear language rack with passenger grips + 43L Split leather Black Kalahari Duffle Bag.
9. Unit Garage 20mm higher handlebars with leather handlebar bumper.
10. Rizoma ZBW078B Headlight guard.
11. Painted cylinder heads, saddle support, subframe, front fender,

I think I didn't missed anything馃

Additional gear for camping and off-road rides as well馃槑.

Couple more things are coming up very soon, stay tuned)))

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Rather like the additional lighting - fitment is well executed
Thanks man, I went through a lot of options before installing it, this one was the perfect one. The installation was done bit far from the exhaust header, just to remove the excessive heat from it. First I was thinking to install closer to oil cooler, by removing the OEM turn signals and installing instead of it Rizoma or Kellermann ones, but then I changed my mind due to many disadvantages.

Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
Is the Oil Cooler one from Evotech? I also read on this website that oil coolers might restrict air flow and might cause the engine to run warmer, did you play a bit to see if it makes a difference, if my guess is correct you are from a very hot part of the world, Dubai?

Registered
2017 BMW R9T Pure
That鈥檚 a wunderlich oil cooler guard. It鈥檚 more open than others I鈥檝e seen with a pretty clear path of airflow. I have no issues in Southern California on road off road I鈥檝e had very hot temperatures but I think that isn鈥檛 the guards fault. You could always add a pulling fan and shroud (what I plan to do) (maybe 2 fans) but with the wunderlich guard I think it鈥檚 unnecessary for regular road use even at 100 Fahrenheit

Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
That鈥檚 a wunderlich oil cooler guard. It鈥檚 more open than others I鈥檝e seen with a pretty clear path of airflow. I have no issues in Southern California on road off road I鈥檝e had very hot temperatures but I think that isn鈥檛 the guards fault. You could always add a pulling fan and shroud (what I plan to do) (maybe 2 fans) but with the wunderlich guard I think it鈥檚 unnecessary for regular road use even at 100 Fahrenheit
Thanks, we have similar conditions. Summer temperature of 85 to 110 fahrenheit and winter an average of about 60 degrees. Hitting 110 even my liquid cooled gs struggle. It seems the culprit being the heat from the tar in the city. Open road, even at 120 fahrenheit not a problem. I will look at the Wunderlich cooler, expensive though.

Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
Another question, does it only look good or does it serve a function. After a long ride on hot day I find a lot of bugs in that radiator.

Registered
2017 BMW R9T Pure
With respect to the original poster I鈥檒l answer this in a message so we don鈥檛 hijack the original post

Reactions: JohanH
1 - 16 of 16 Posts