BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Was today at the dealer (yearly check on my nineT and Silvia’s RS) and they have R18 at showroom. Unfortunately weather was too bad for test ride. I just explore the bike inside. I like design - looks nice and robust. Shaft drive is beautiful. But... chest cover (chromed) is plastic (as well as some other parts what looks like stell. Gear lever is not possible to use like on standard bike - downshift is possible only by rear part of the lever. I have no idea, how to reach rear shock in case of need of adjustment - some parts need to be taken out, for sure not easy. And for me the most important negative experience - bike is too heavy to manipulate. I will try to manage test ride in next days, but my recent opinion is, that it is not bike for me...

·
Registered
35 Posts
The current videos show almost zero turning clearance. the bike scrapes Pegs on Most turns. Saw a video where it scraped on a 30 mph off ramp. I had a Harley that did the same thing. No thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,348 Posts
The bike is a work of art except for the silencers and the plastic thingy covering the air-box.
The Roland Sands version has better looking silencers.
I hear that even a minimal lean will cause the foot-pegs to ground, guess it's ride is a straight line locomotive!
I agree with @Chris<CJ>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sat on one at my dealer today who has already sold two to what I guessed are Harley or Indian guys. Only complaints they have had are the exhausts and not enough room for big feet.

Pictures didn’t prepare me for how far out the jugs sit and lack of ground clearance to obtain forward controls.

Drop dead gorgeous but didn’t look like fun to ride on a twisty road.

·
Registered
970 Posts
agreed....the muffler is god awful.
You’re right. That muffler is not a complement to the overall bike. Ugly !
But .... The rest of it, as cruisers go ... is really nice ... and torque is my love when UpOn2.
A simple twist of the wrist and 40 turns into 100 just like that. Nice machine ......?
Yes I think so. .....Blitz

41 - 49 of 49 Posts