BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scanning the BMW Motorrad UK website I see that they have extended the warranty period out to 3 years from 2. BUT this is retrospective to all bikes bought after 1st Aug 2018.

Sounds like a good move by them, especially as we have all not been using our bikes quite so much in the last year.

Only downside is that doing any mods will have to wait a little longer! Oh well. Just gives me more time to be lead astray by you lot showing new shiney bits off on your bikes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
The extended 3 year warranty was a key feature in my decision to purchase a BMW RNineT. After all, if a company is proud of its design and manufacturing abilities - Why wouldn't it stand behind its products for three years or more?

Interestingly, I had previously bought a new KTM that came with a miserly 2 year warranty. As soon as the 2 year warranty expired the bike developed major technical problems and I was left to pay substantial costs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ccn mirror that thought too, the three year warranty swung me over... I was torn between three bikes, another KTM or a Triumph Thruxton, I've not a Triumph which are all now made in Thailand and although on the surface it looks well made I had the chance to see a fleet of ex-demo bikes averaging approx 1000 miles and most looked like they had done a whole lot more, oil leaks, tarnishing/rusting in areas including exhausts, I appreciate demo bikes have a hard life but these looked raggy..regading KTM a mate just had a fault just outside 2yr warranty and initially KTM refused to pay ending up offering ktm store voucher to half the cost...not satisfactory in my mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts