BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heck yah - glad it helped!!!
Hey, quick question. I finally received my black urban seat (yay!) and noticed the back piece doesn't get as flush/tight down as the scrambler seat or the cowl. I don't mind the gap too much but wanted to know if you have the same experience? Just want to make sure I have the right alignment and not leaving anything more lose than it should be.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey, quick question. I finally received my black urban seat (yay!) and noticed the back piece doesn't get as flush/tight down as the scrambler seat or the cowl. I don't mind the gap too much but wanted to know if you have the same experience? Just want to make sure I have the right alignment and not leaving anything more lose than it should be. View attachment 141339
awesome man!! Glad you got it, they are super cool!! That does look a bit mis-aligned from mine and might need some adjustment!! I just shot a few pics so check these and see if they help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hmmm... does yours screw into the top cap like where the bmw logo is? I’m thinking my screw pushes up against that cover piece rather than screwing in and pulling it down
Yes, mine definitely fits in that space underneath the BMW logo, screws into the hole and sucks
the seat down! Not sure if these for the photos would do anything to help?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So I’m good there. But this is the underside of the cover (like removed from the seat). Does the screw go that far up, or is the cover just kept in place with the two side hooks?
View attachment 141346 View attachment 141347 View attachment 141348
Oh man, that's super interesting! Mine has a stout mount there that sits flush down on the frame with a screw hole that keeps it sucked down. I'm curious, where did you get that one from? I got mine from a BMW Dealership and it was just plug and play for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts

If you get a chance, could you send a picture of the tail piece from the side (like this)? I think the the only issue is that this is a little bulky. Pretty sure I can just shave it down, but wondering if yours is thinner. I also received from BMW direct so not concerned about having the wrong part or anything. And my bolt does screw in, so its secure. Just trying to see if I can get it a bit more snug like yours :) Thanks for all the responses!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Alright, I think I figured out the issue (user error). There were 3 additional screws provided which secure the cover piece to the back. Once those are tightened it allows the whole piece to come down and shrink the gap!

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
8 Posts
I had a difficult time originally looking for the Urban Solo Seat in the Black color....seems like all the guys overseas were able to get it pretty easily but everywhere I looked in the USA just had it in the Brown color. After digging around with a few dealerships I was able to get the part numbers and get it ordered successfully.

Part Numbers:
77349444631 - Seat
77348560267 - Rear Cover

A side note, for my Pure I did NOT need the additional retaining plate and there were zero extra parts needed. The seat came with 3 small screws and the rear cover fit on it perfectly and the screws secured it. All the rubber bumpers underneath were there and it took 2 seconds to put on the bike as 1 piece and the standard seat bolt fit right in and holds it together.

The 'seat gap' up by the tank is for sure there, I haven't seen any non OEM seats without some sort of gap. That being said it's small and not super noticeable, I LOVE the look.

The comfort at first compared to the Sargent seat that I have was a bit of a worry. I went out and rode 3+ hours this weekend and it really broke in nicely and made me think that it wasn't bad at all. I still kept my Sargent seat because I can swap them out EASY in under 60 seconds total.

Shaw G from Power Motorcycles in Palm Beach was amazing to deal with, gave me an incredible price almost $200 less than I had been quoted other places, can't sing his praises more and he can get any BMW parts shipped right to your door. Shawn's Email

Enjoy and lmk if there's any questions I can answer or any other pics! View attachment 132180 View attachment 132181 View attachment 132182
Your post inspired me to do the same for my recently acquired 21 Pure. I emailed Shawn and placed order today. Also placed order for the Daedalus tail light to go with it. Thanks for the info and pics.

·
Registered
2021 R NineT Pure
8 Posts
I got my parts this week and installed today. You have the Daedalus tail light right? Did you use the “spacers” they sent with it to make the light flush with the tail piece? If I don’t use them there is quite a bit of gap and I can’t decide if it bothers me. If I use the spacers, the bolts aren’t long enough and I can’t mount the turn signals in a tidy way. I emailed Daedalus for ideas if they have any but curious if you used the spacers or not. Here’s a couple of quick garage pics to show you what it looks like right now with no spacers.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Photograph Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got my parts this week and installed today. You have the Daedalus tail light right? Did you use the “spacers” they sent with it to make the light flush with the tail piece? If I don’t use them there is quite a bit of gap and I can’t decide if it bothers me. If I use the spacers, the bolts aren’t long enough and I can’t mount the turn signals in a tidy way. I emailed Daedalus for ideas if they have any but curious if you used the spacers or not. Here’s a couple of quick garage pics to show you what it looks like right now with no spacers.
View attachment 146985 View attachment 146986
Interesting!! I did use their spacers and mine had a very nice tight fit. I had the Minima version from them but it seemed to work great!! I didn’t use extra turn signals, just what already came programmed in the led strip!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Did you need a bracket/spacer when you removed the seat support? Making the same move and want to have all items ready for install and avoid buying parts I dont need.
Thanks!
Great!! You’ll love it. Nothing needed so long as you have the Rear Set Bar & Pegs still attached. It’ll attach just like a normal seat. I did love having the quick release screw option to secure it but that’s all I did!

·
Registered
67 Posts
In my search for this seat in black, I can't seem to find it anywhere including where the OP posted the info. The part number is great to have but it looks like I may need to order from Germany. Anyone have a source here in the states?
Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
In my search for this seat in black, I can't seem to find it anywhere including where the OP posted the info. The part number is great to have but it looks like I may need to order from Germany. Anyone have a source here in the states?
Thanks, Tom
Hey Tom - this is info I had from the original post and he sent me everything I needed here in the states:

Shaw G from Power Motorcycles in Palm Beach was amazing to deal with, gave me an incredible price almost $200 less than I had been quoted other places, can't sing his praises more and he can get any BMW parts shipped right to your door. Shawn's Email

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey 007Ja, I just received my parts from Palm Bay and was wondering... your cover is a flat black where as mine is gloss? I used the part number on the original post and it's on the invoice as well. Do you know of a flat black part number? Thanks for the info, the seat looks awesome, Tom

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey 007Ja, I just received my parts from Palm Bay and was wondering... your cover is a flat black where as mine is gloss? I used the part number on the original post and it's on the invoice as well. Do you know of a flat black part number? Thanks for the info, the seat looks awesome, Tom
Hey Tom! Hummmmm that is an interesting one....those were the part numbers that a few others as well as myself used and yes it was matte black? Did you happen to order it from Sean? Maybe he could shed some more light?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts