BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
456 Posts
I was looking for the exact meanings and specifications of level 1 and 2 armor just so I'd have an idea of how much better level 2 actually is. In the research, I ran across this article D30 level 2 review. There are a handful of negatives with D30 Ghost armor. I'm still in love with it but to be fair, it offers less protection by covering a smaller area. Honestly, it's still certified CE level 2 and meets the standards required to even call themselves level 2. I haven't done a deep dive into alternatives yet, but this one seems to be a real contender Sas Tec Armor as well as this one A-Xoc armor. All three of these appear to be the best in ultra-thin and conforming motorcycle armor. Happy reading.

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wow, that was quite a write up. That is a very interesting site.

If I go with the other mentioned armor it comes down to availability. Most likely I will have to purchase them from a UK site.

Thanks,

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The Sas Tec armor to me seems to be the best of the three mentioned.

Now I just have to tell my lovely wife what I want for Christmas. ;)

· Registered
456 Posts
The Sas Tec armor to me seems to be the best of the three mentioned.
That was my conclusion too. Even less expensive than the others. The links in those articles pointed to a .DE website. Sas-Tec might be easier to find on your side of the pond.

· Registered
537 Posts
Ordered!!! good find!
Received?

Sleeve Font Pattern Fashion accessory Electric blue
Knee

Got mine (set of shoulder&knee) and put the knee pads first into my leather trousers.
They feel quite like nothing and follow the contour of the knee at each movement - even better when warmed up by body.
Not disturbing anyway and they sit where they have to.
Now only used them for around 100 mls but like it. I'll give them a try in my 3 other spring/summer trousers at time. Jacket pads yet not replaced.
Those were (as I thought) level 1 - go for 2 for more protection. But as said, all protection is better than nothing. 😉

Less poppin' outside:

Jeans Trousers White Leg Human body

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What instructions do you have on what side faces the skin? Is it the black or orange?

· Registered
456 Posts
When I bought mine, the instructions said to put the orange side towards the rider. Later I learned that for protection purposes it doesn't matter. The fabric side out offers a smoother profile to the outside of the garment and better ventilation for the rider.

· Registered
537 Posts
What instructions do you have on what side faces the skin? Is it the black or orange?
No instructions there - but for me self explaining as the cut and shape will show.
Black fabric (only a soft tissue) inside to the body so the orange pattern and triangles can spread when lying over the joint.

· Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
1,134 Posts
Yes, received, knee pads fitted no,problem,… i think i need to fit the pocket to the protection of cut the protection to size for my trousers

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Found a USA vendor that carries SAS-TEC armor. So I now know what for sure what I will tell my lovely wife what I want for Christmas.🎄 By the way thanks everyone for their replies.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts