BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Pure A2 2021
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone !
Happy to be amongst you all 9T riders
My name is Charles and I live in Biarritz, in the south West of France. I'm a noob rider : just passed my licence last July and acquired the new Nine T Pure A2 (french license is in 2 periods : 2 years with a max 35kW motorcycle and then a "regular"one) this fall :
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Hope to share with you soon !

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
133 Posts
Welcome, so BMW fits a restrictor for the duration of your A2 license? We don't have that designation in the states but I thought the 1170cc engine would be too big. Granted the only thing I know about A2 licensing and restrictors is just from watching European motorcycle youtubers.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Welcome here.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,958 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. 👋
I too am surprised that you can ride a restricted 1200cc first . . . that's great!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Welcome Rider, any questions about your new wheels can be answered here. Make yourself at home ….. StayUpOn2 ….. Blitz

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the forum from. Never beeen to your part of France but it was on the list before all the lock downs. Looking forward to a visit, hopefully next year .

Enjoy your new bike.;)

·
Registered
Nine T Scrambler
154 Posts
Bienvenue le Basque !
A big bike for a noob :D

Welcome, so BMW fits a restrictor for the duration of your A2 license? We don't have that designation in the states but I thought the 1170cc engine would be too big. Granted the only thing I know about A2 licensing and restrictors is just from watching European motorcycle youtubers.
Only the pure version who has a little less power than the other, 95ch instead of 110. It makes it elligible for the A2 limitation, 47ch, something to do with the ratio between full and limited.

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
133 Posts
Bienvenue le Basque !
A big bike for a noob :D

Only the pure version who has a little less power than the other, 95ch instead of 110. It makes it elligible for the A2 limitation, 47ch, something to do with the ratio between full and limited.
In the U.S. The pure is the same 109hp as the other models, I didn't realize they had different output in other countries. Nice that it is an option but as you said that's a substantial machine for a new rider.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts