BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
this is interesting, it reminds me of my boxer cup days, (16 years ago) and the consensus was that the 2 into one and back into 2 underseat outlet was a complete dogs dinner, take into consideration the cross over bmw branch in, the exhaust gases are dizzy before they escape.Tuning and porting is all about smooth flow, least resistance. I think the high level twin outlet underseat outlet is so yesterday, no one uses it these days, Eric buell understood the plumbing, the belly pan zorst was copied by KTM and none other than Ducati, shorties and stubbies are in as far as race performance goes. For road use we have legal constraints and ever tightening constraints on emissions (rightly so). Anyone removing baffles/decattin or finding a tenuous excuse for running a race can on the road is a complete bell end. IMO. I can see the benefits of titanium, I do think the end can on the Racer is bulkier than i would prefer but all the same it sounds very moody and there exists more power and performance than is ever needed for the road. It goes without saying Mr Akrapovic is not going to get richer by me. Each to their own but group think is never a good thing and we need to take a close look at why we have emission regs.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mine is now on - lovely! 30 minute installation.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Like.

I'm bathed in a early 70's glow of Norton Commando Peashooters. Loved them, the sound, the look.
'By gum, them wer't days' (In Yorkshire)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts