BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been contacted by Chris from Bren Tuning advising he is open to a group buy from the members of this forum.

If 10 or more members commit to purchase, he is offering a 10% discount, if 20 or more purchases are set up, the discount increased to 15%.

Now due to a very heavy workload and personal commitments I can't set aside the time to organising a Group Buy but if some kind soul would volunteer to set it up the Moderator team will provide guidance and green light it.

The Group Buy will ONLY be for 2017 (model year) or later bikes, a Group Buy has already been done for the older models.

Do we have a volunteer?

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd be interested if they opened it up to the earlier year models as well. Not all of us were around for the previous group buy, and it could only increase sales for Brentune.

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very sorry, but the Group Buy is almost without exception a one time only event. This won't be opened up again for older models, I'm afraid.

This is actually a very unusual event for any Group Buy for any product to be opened up more than once in any form (first time ever on this forum) but the circumstances here are rather unique. This is more about being fair to the folk that had to sit on the sidelines the last time and watch as the older bike model members grab a great deal whilst they watched on... They were excluded through no fault of their own, so it seems only right that now that Bren can supply a handheld for their bike, that they are allowed the opportunity to be involved in a Group Buy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My reasoning would be the only reason 2017 owners were excluded was they couldn't support it in the first group buy.
Now they can support both pre2016 and 2017+ then why not let both groups of owners enter?
It's the same handheld now.. and it's win-win for everyone?
(Well win-win except for me as I just paid full whack for my handheld - classic .. :-( )

If there's a limit on numbers ... see how many 2017+ owners register then open up slots for pre2016 bikes?

·
Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
381 Posts
I wasn't aware that the handheld tablet tuning was available for 17+ bikes. Their own website still leads one to believe the only option for 17+ bikes is to send in your ECU.

I hope somebody takes up the banner on this. I'm too busy to organize right now but would love to be able to get the tablet.

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm really sorry, and I don't mean to come across as being abrupt or aggressive but there will be no opening of the Group Buy for pre 2017 bikes... I anticipated that this might cause some angst from people that missed or didn't take part in the last group buy. Because of that I thought hard and discussed with the moderator team before going public.

Group Buys are simply meant to be one-off events that happen for a limited time period.

You have to understand that forum vendors pay fees to advertise on this forum, and these fees help contribute to keep this forum free to join and use. Opening previous Group Buys up would understandably have vendors questioning why they bother paying fees to advertise when other companies just dangle a discount under members noses and get cut price advertising without having to pay the forum anything. Effectively we forum members would be like turkeys voting for Christmas - killing the forum by starving it of revenue. As it is the Moderator team is stretching the forum rules as far as we can to help out members here.

Again I mean no disrespect to anyone on here but there will be no revision of the group buy and further posts about inclusion of older bikes will be considered off-topic and either moved or deleted.

The older bikes have had their Group Buy, now it's the turn of the newer bikes... It's as fair as we can make it.

However unless we get a volunteer to organise it, it will all be a moot issue. ;)

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bren are meant to be updating their site in the next few days. The product is similar to what went before

I would expect that the person that volunteers the Group Buy could supply that sort of info. Some info can already be found on this forum....

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Effort is setting up a group buy thread simply by starting a new thread.

Bren Tuning are close to updating their Web Page (heard back from Chris) so it'll simply be a matter of linking to the product page on Bren's website and informing members. Bren are on the verge of updating their web site and this should be done within the next week or so. Occasionally members might ask a question about the buy which the person in charge will either answer or refer to Bren if it's tuning specific.

Then it's just a matter of collating the members that are interested and letting Bren know once the 10 or 20 members limits have been reached.

The amount of time the Group Buy is open for isn't set in stone, but it has to be limited. I'd suggest 4-6 weeks from when the group buy thread is created.

I've heard back from Chris and they will happily talk with whoever volunteers.

It is fairly straightforward but does take up some time, which I cannot afford to give right now due to work/personal commitments.

Here are examples of Group Buys ran in the past:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm really sorry, and I don't mean to come across as being abrupt or aggressive but there will be no opening of the Group Buy for pre 2017 bikes... I anticipated that this might cause some angst from people that missed or didn't take part in the last group buy. Because of that I thought hard and discussed with the moderator team before going public.

Group Buys are simply meant to be one-off events that happen for a limited time period.

You have to understand that forum vendors pay fees to advertise on this forum, and these fees help contribute to keep this forum free to join and use. Opening previous Group Buys up would understandably have vendors questioning why they bother paying fees to advertise when other companies just dangle a discount under members noses and get cut advertising without having to pay the forum anything. Effectively we forum members would be like turkeys voting for Christmas - killing the forum by starving it of revenue. As it is the Moderator team is stretching the forum rules as far as we can to help out members here.

Again I mean no disrespect to anyone on here but there will be no revision of the group buy and further posts about inclusion of older bikes will be considered off-topic and either moved or deleted.

The older bikes have had their Group Buy, now it's the turn of the newer bikes... It's as fair as we can make it.

However unless we get a volunteer to organise it, it will all be a moot issue. ;)
That makes sense, thanks for the explanation (I'm one of those pre 2017 guys interested in the product).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ooo Great news! I'm keen on looking at their website once updated.

Posting here and on FB should hopefully generate enough interest!

·
Registered
25 Posts
As a 2017 owner, I’m definitely interested in this! Looking forward to learning some more about the product first.

·
Administrator
11,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Someone needs to volunteer to organise before a group buy can take place... Up to now no one had stepped up to the mark, so until it does this baby ain't gonna fly...

Perhaps @Ian_H can confirm, but the handheld and flash process isn't much different from what went before, so any info on the website will essentially be a repetition of what went before.

·
Registered
150 Posts
LOL. We all know what a total ball ache it is trying to organise a GB!
As the tablets seem to come from DimSport in Italy, I wonder if they could drop ship direct to EU customers rather than sending to the US and then being charged $100 shipping plus import duties to get it back over here?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd be happy to volunteer, as long as I'm not managing everyone's funds directly, nor having the units shipped to me then me distributing out. I'm in Australia so wouldn't really work. BUT happy to co-ordinate and try get something off the ground.. BD, if you could please shoot me the details, I'll see if I can start up a new thread with an actual list of names..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Someone needs to volunteer to organise before a group buy can take place... Up to now no one had stepped up to the mark, so until it does this baby ain't gonna fly...

Perhaps @Ian_H can confirm, but the handheld and flash process isn't much different from what went before, so any info on the website will essentially be a repetition of what went before.
Yes - flash process is exactly as before ... the only point to be aware of is BMW R9T is not listed explicitly - you need to choose S1000R which has same ECU (please double check this is the right choice as I'm going from my bad memory).

·
Registered
524 Posts
LOL. We all know what a total ball ache it is trying to organise a GB!
As the tablets seem to come from DimSport in Italy, I wonder if they could drop ship direct to EU customers rather than sending to the US and then being charged $100 shipping plus import duties to get it back over here?
Mike is right ... it's +$100 for shipping and +£60 or for import .. ouch. (At least Bren under declare the value of the goods to reduce this extra sting)

I presume these would be reduced for group buy ... you lucky lot!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd be happy to volunteer, as long as I'm not managing everyone's funds directly, nor having the units shipped to me then me distributing out. I'm in Australia so wouldn't really work. BUT happy to co-ordinate and try get something off the ground.. BD, if you could please shoot me the details, I'll see if I can start up a new thread with an actual list of names..
Well done for stepping up !!!
I look forward to hearing from all the hopefully happy buyers....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts