BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There is actually (some) sense to this madness of ordering stuff early,… especially when there are “interfaces” e.g. howdo I fit the bar end mirrors with the barkbuster hand guards and the unit garage handle bar. This needs some work/thought/improvisation to make it all work together.

same I want the fender and windscreen painitng to match the colour. All that needs time to do but is not dependent on having the bike there.

So I can prepare a lot before hand and than install it without having the bike unavailable for riding too long after I get it!

but thanks @Norbi for your kind nomination!!!

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
Sadly, my nomination for you in the BOTM February thread just got canceled…

“Reason: Sadly only actual bikes can win BOTM not accessories! Looking forward to seeing CB's actual bike with the accessories when the bike finally arrives. :)

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sadly, my nomination for you in the BOTM February thread just got canceled…

“Reason: Sadly only actual bikes can win BOTM not accessories! Looking forward to seeing CB's actual bike with the accessories when the bike finally arrives. :)

🤷‍♂️
No worries,… once I get my done and all the stuff I’ll post the bike up for a BOTM, if the world still exists….

thanks for nominating me though!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Progress on the handlebar/barkbusters/mirror installation:

I had the Rizoma adapter recut to the coarse thread:

Household hardware Automotive tire Fastener Nickel Cylinder

Test fitted the part and went in no problem
Automotive design Wood Bumper Rim Bicycle part

Installed it with red loctite:

Liquid Cosmetics Fluid Gas Tints and shades

After some measuring, cut 12mm of the brakbuster’s supplied M8 bolt to ensure it would fit inside the Rizoma adapter.

And than lastly test fitted the Barkbusters handguard frame to the UnitGarage Comfort handle bar:

Hat Fedora Sun hat Luggage and bags Automotive tire

The rizoma mirror will fit on the black spacer…

Final assembly will be with loctite on the M8 bolt as well that screws in to the Rizoma adapter

Very happy!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 R Nine T
184 Posts
Hi Robert,

have you head from your dealership regarding your bike? I thought you would have heard something by now.

Not to worry you but I got this from my dealership today

If I'm totally honest it’s been a welcome sight to see your bike as there are suddenly massive delays in the heritage range due to component shortage so it’s great that it’s in the country, some people are having to wait until May/June for their bikes now!!

I take it that is the reason for the delays. If you want a new BMW maybe you need to order it now for delivery in 6 months time?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nothing recent,... I ordered it end December... they had two assigned to them already for delivery in march/April

I will ask today to see what's what....

Robert

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Received the quadlock and ram mount system to mount my phone to the handle bar on the OEM mirror thread. Not usong my phone for navigation, I have the Zumo for that. But I use an App often called Flitsmeister that warns for fixed cameras and also show my actual speed from GPS…

The big lump on top is for the wireless charging… Now need to find a ¼“ nut to replace the handscrew on the ram mount.

Peripheral Output device Gadget Audio equipment Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,075 Posts
Looking good. You will have a tech week soon enough.
Those handle bars are gonna look great. Have you measured your brake lines to make sure you have enough length? Those bars look a little taller than stock and if you go with risers too, you might not have the length. Might be good to source a longer set for last minute ordering.
Good luck. Can't wait ro see end product.

BTW: I think that R2 unit only fits the 2014-2016 bikes.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Looking good. You will have a tech week soon enough.
Those handle bars are gonna look great. Have you measured your brake lines to make sure you have enough length? Those bars look a little taller than stock and if you go with risers too, you might not have the length. Might be good to source a longer set for last minute ordering.
Good luck. Can't wait ro see end product.

BTW: I think that R2 unit only fits the 2014-2016 bikes.
According to the installation instructions no longer cables are required, you do need to re route the clutch cable a little IIRC…

I don’t have bar risers so, the bars are 2cm higher and a little more swept back towards the rider by 2*…

we will see with the installation if this is indeed the case

Robert

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Fingers crossed for you🤞
Well the delivery date has been pushed back by a month, now looking end of April march. Dealer wasn't clear to me what the production schedule showed. Production week is planned for week 15, which is kinda neat as that is my birthday week..

But no major delay identified so nothing to worry abt anyway... (and there are bigger things going on as well...)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I hope it works without longer lines. If you try to install that R2 unit , you might want to check it's motivator first.
The R2 unit appears to be uncomfortable to ride,... at least that is what his bleeps appear to say.... but I don't have a C3P0 to translate, so it is a bit of a guess...

·
Registered
2022 R Nine T
184 Posts
Well the delivery date has been pushed back by a month, now looking end of march. Dealer wasn't clear to me what the production schedule showed. Production week is planned for week 15, which is kinda neat as that is my birthday week..

But no major delay identified so nothing to worry abt anyway... (and there are bigger things going on as well...)
I was told the the delays were due to supply chain issues which I think is more understandable than Quality Assurance.
My GS 750 had components made all over Europe and the engine was Chinese!
Do you mean end of March?
As you say there are bigger things going on as well.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I was told the the delays were due to supply chain issues which I think is more understandable than Quality Assurance.
My GS 750 had components made all over Europe and the engine was Chinese!
Do you mean end of March?
As you say there are bigger things going on as well.
No,... end of April... month delay from the promise in the sales contract...

Should I sue for breach of contract? hahahaha

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
No,... end of April... month delay from the promise in the sales contract...

Should I sue for breach of contract? hahahaha
Well, the financial damage would add up to almost 2 bikes by now, right?😜 Patience, @Chopper_Bob , it will be stunning!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Second layer of paint and a layer of clearcoat… forgot to activate the harder in the clear coat,… do an extra layer with the hardner or leave it?

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle saddle

21 - 40 of 75 Posts