BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
R NineT Scrambler
19 Posts
About the barkbuster thread adapter M12 outer/M8 inner. I recently found one that will fit the original M12 (1.75) inner thread.
Just wanted to let you know :)

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
This is the longest birth ever!😂 Will that be a 2022 model, or a 2021, or a 2023?

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
This is the longest birth ever!😂 Will that be a 2022 model, or a 2021, or a 2023?
Me in the middle and my brother on the right getting ready for a test drive,… very much enjoyed it, and in my mind I already ordered a Scrambler…. Need to wait a couple of month with ordering for some funds to be become avaialbe…

View attachment 146422
Bob, it’s been 8 months and 2 weeks since you‘ve joined the forum here!
Since then, you’ve posted >500 comments, gathered endless add-on parts (you must have an extra room by now…) Great job!

Here’s a book recommendation for you: https://www.amazon.de/What-Expect-When-Youre-Expecting/dp/076115079X

Keeping all my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Yeah, we used that book! And what to expect the first year…. Then you are on your own!! hahaha

it will be abt three weeks I think for the arrival! JIT for the DGR!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Decided that a bit of extra visibility never hurt anyone:

View attachment 152205

some driving lights
Hi @Chopper_Bob ; what make are these lights? Where are you planning to mount them and what type of on/off switch did they come with? Looking to get my hands on a pair as well sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
These are from SW Motech,… driving lights nit fog lights. They will be mounted on the crash bar above the jugs.

need to discuss with the dealer how to hook them up, probably with out a link a to high and/or low beam as those are LEDs. Need to see where to tap the control wire for the switch to, prefer a key on loaction so they dont stay on when you switch the ignition off.

·
Registered
1982 XJ650
42 Posts
flying by the seat of my pants here but what about a relay from DRL? So relay from DRL (the LED bar in the headlight) controls the power fog light. Rocker goes from DRL to relay coil (very low draw). Positive is wired to the lights from relay high load pin. Negative from fogs is tied to battery gnd. Janky diagram attached.

Touratech and Nippy Normans will sell you a fancy digital version for more money if you want to add a bunch of stuff on. What's telling is that the touratech says to tap into the parking light (DRL) ;)

I did the same wiring on my UJM to give the headlight a dedicated +12V and gnd (but using the factory headlight relay as a trigger) because factory (proprietary) headlight relays for that have been out of production for about 35 years and they run $100USD+ when they can be found. The same circuit also enables dual-intensity indicators (if said indicators have a 3rd pin for 'running light' mode)

ETA: On my particular UJM, the headlight was tied directly to rectified output from alternator, which the replacement 7" LED headlight was not especially fond of. Even the original halogen unit could see a brightness difference from 1k idle to 9k top end. It's an old machine with old design. Original relay preservation is achieved by not having a load that can arc on the contactors of the proprietary relay (trigger coils are mA of load). A similar approach is taken on the DRL positive lead, as even an LED will undergo mA of load fluctuation just from temperature flux.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
flying by the seat of my pants here but what about a relay from DRL? So relay from DRL (the LED bar in the headlight) controls the power fog light. Rocker goes from DRL to relay coil (very low draw). Positive is wired to the lights from relay high load pin. Negative from fogs is tied to battery gnd. Janky diagram attached.

Touratech and Nippy Normans will sell you a fancy digital version for more money if you want to add a bunch of stuff on. What's telling is that the touratech says to tap into the parking light (DRL) ;)

I did the same wiring on my UJM to give the headlight a dedicated +12V and gnd (but using the factory headlight relay as a trigger) because factory (proprietary) headlight relays for that have been out of production for about 35 years and they run $100USD+ when they can be found. The same circuit also enables dual-intensity indicators (if said indicators have a 3rd pin for 'running light' mode)
Thanks,… will have a look! will see if I can use your tips!

Robert

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Latest update: The bike has been booked for transport to the dealer.... 3 more weeks apparently, looking at approx 14th May now...

·
Registered
1982 XJ650
42 Posts
Latest update: The bike has been booked for transport to the dealer.... 3 more weeks apparently, looking at approx 14th May now...
Ouch. That's sad to hear Bob. Is uh.... uh.... is there anything else you can paint Kalamata in the meantime? Perhaps some home-anodized aluminum frame plugs where you work on the perfect dye recipe to match so you get little bits of olive at the trellis convergence points?

I also haven't seen any mention of paint protection. What about the tank at the jacket zipper point, or right behind the ignition? Behind your knees?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Ouch. That's sad to hear Bob. Is uh.... uh.... is there anything else you can paint Kalamata in the meantime? Perhaps some home-anodized aluminum frame plugs where you work on the perfect dye recipe to match so you get little bits of olive at the trellis convergence points?

I also haven't seen any mention of paint protection. What about the tank at the jacket zipper point, or right behind the ignition? Behind your knees?
Nice ideas,… will think abt them…

i was thinking the front fender may need painting as well, but will have to see. i have enough stuff to work on for the moment!

good tip on the paint potrection, will have a thunk abt that too.

thanks for the suggestions

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
Congrats, @Chopper_Bob! It’s about time😉 Now, how’s that ✅ list coming along?
New from Netherlands
Have you ever put the prices in an extra column? Have fun in the garage!

PS: @BaldyDave: I still vote for Bob for at least a kalamata helmet award: “most forum contributions without even a hand on the bike yet”

41 - 60 of 75 Posts