BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Duds is a reference to the pants you are wearing on your new bike. I'm in the market for a new pair of trousers and hope I get it right the first time.
They are from Fuel the Sergeant in Sahara

Reactions: Fez

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)
Replaced the handle bar today with a Unit Garage comfort one and added Rizoma mirrors, quadlock phone mount and handguards too…

The Quadlock is mounted using a RAM ball that screws in to the mirror stand/clamp. Wiring runs to the USB port.

Most difficult part was getting the dust-cap back on the throttle side. Also needed to add a couple of spacers to the Barkbusters spacer to ensure the throttle could freely move. The grip stuck out a little bit from the handle bar. (I may paint them later to match the colour of the bike).

next …. Spring on the centre stand…

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
Added crash bars, stainless steel from SW motech. Replaced the suppled bolts with inner hex bolts and the long bolt at the top with dome bolts, looks so much better!
learning: the long bolt at the top can only be inserted from the right side, it appears that the left jug sits a little more forward and higher…

how to touch up the black paint of the jug??

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Fitted the Al panniers from Unit garage, unfortunately the right frame was incorrectly constructed, needed to enlarge one of the hole to make it fit. Been in contact with UG and they will sent a replacement frame out, but this works for the time being.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Also wanted to install the mudguard but the knob on the is fastened with a big philips(?) screw, and you probably guessed it already, after two tries it looks like this:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system

To be able to install the mudguard I need to twist the knob 45* counterclockwise… a 2mm allan key is needed for that (score allan key 0- screws 1)… This is going to be interesting,…

pop quiz,… what is not in this picture…?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

·
Registered
2022 R Nine T
229 Posts
Robert,
I see you bought the 40/43 ltr panniers did you consider the 41/47ltr option?
The latter are only slightly more expensive and give you more capacity. Are they too big for the R Nine T?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Started adding a few more things:

heel protector made out of unobtanium:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

and starting on indicator lights on the hand guards:
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar Luggage and bags

will nave to wait a couple of weeks due to business trip to complete….

81 - 100 of 100 Posts