BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some weeks ago I had ordered the machined cylinder covers.

Tofay I received the parcel from BMW but to my surprise when I unwrapped the package

inside I found that instead of the covers the have send me the machined belt (!).

I just send an email to BMW explaining what happened and I am waiting for a reply.

OK mistakes are for humans but I am upset about that.

On top because of the COVID restrictions it’s quite difficult to move outside at ease.

I am afraid that I am about to enter a not so entertaining adventure.

e.f.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't sweat it. BMW are pretty good when it comes to rectifying these sorts of mistakes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe they will offer you a generous discount on the mistaken part.
Maybe yes, maybe no, i don't really care about that to be honest although a discount is always welcome.
What i want is to have what i ordered cause this back and forth with parcels etc makes me upset.
Anyway, thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't sweat it. BMW are pretty good when it comes to rectifying these sorts of mistakes.
Yeah? No reply from them so far.
I will let you guys know how they handle the whole thing and how fast they are.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
400 Posts
Maybe they will offer you a generous discount on the mistaken part.
That would be my hope in this situation.

"Hi, BMW? Yeah, you sent me the wrong part. But since it's already here, I'd be happy to just keep it if you gave me a discount and sent me the correct parts. Whaddya say?" :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had assumed that you bought the part through a dealer, in which case they would take it back and reorder.
They replied back yesterday firstly apologising and secondly they gonna send me a pre-paid return sticker so that i can send them back the part.
Then we'll send me the parts i had ordered.

Excited? Not !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be my hope in this situation.

"Hi, BMW? Yeah, you sent me the wrong part. But since it's already here, I'd be happy to just keep it if you gave me a discount and sent me the correct parts. Whaddya say?" :)
I have already fitted the machined breastplate so it's no go from the beginning as you understand. If they were gonna give it away (which they aren't)
i wouldn't have a problem to give it away to some of you guys in the good karma thread. But...

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
159 Posts
That is frustrating... I guess you were waiting on your new toy. The other it also happened to me, waining on a new battery (Li-Ion), I open the box and.... it was a battery charger! Bummer... Two days later, the right part was at my door.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two days later and still no response from the guy who’s in charge in resolving the error.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I ordered a rear ABS sensor and they sent a petrol cap!

When I finally received the correct part I found out that the original sensor had been put in incorrectly and the cable worn away, most likely after they changed the front swinging-arm rubber gaitor that rotted and split after just three years! BMW! Huh!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
13 days passed and after exchanging some emails and very politely saying that they are sorry still no
news in order to resolve that annoying error from BMW Europe side.

Customer support they claim hm?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts