BMW NineT Forum banner

Candle power headlight

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bose 
#1 ·
So who's going to change the headlight completely or change the bulb set up for a much brighter bulb or fit a HID bulb and ballast box ??
From library pictures and videos the headlight brightness looks pants ,yes it's a H7 standard bulb fitment but it may not be possible for HID due to the BMW logo deflector in front of the bulb as HID bulbs are longer than standard bulbs ,also it doesn't look like there's a lot of space for a ballast box without disturbing something under the tank area, so I'm thinking a bulb upgrade will be the best option for me personally on my 9T ;):D

#2 ·
68 views and not one thought :eek: Jesus has everyone lost their tongues :confused:
Or is everyone happy with the standard candle :confused: if you've had a standard bmw headlight before you'll know where I'm coming from ,unless your a daytime rider only, who then won't realise how crap standard headlights an bulbs are come night time ,and not be as noticeable to other road users :rolleyes:

#3 ·
On my GTL I put in Osram 65 watt H7 bulbs in the high beams. More powerful than the standard 55 watt yet not so high wattage I need to worry about melting anything. I am not one to believe any of the "magical" 55 watt that puts out 85 or more watts that the major bulb makers advertise.

I may look at the JW speaker LED headlight (I believe they make the Harley Daymaker lights) which should be a direct replacement. They used to make a 7 inch combo HID low beam and halogen high, but it is no longer made as they have moved to LEDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.