BMW NineT Forum banner

Center stands for the nineT (MERGED)

75K views 204 replies 68 participants last post by  B-Spandau 
#1 ·
Now available from several sources. Made in Italy. I’ve ordered one for my bike through a trusted UK Wunderlich dealer. I’ll review it here once delivered and fitted.

#13 ·
Sent them an email to see if there's anyway they will ship one to the States. Can't find a distributor here, and when you try to order one on their website, under shipping, the United States isn't listed. If I hear back from them, I'll post back.

Best,
-Tim

#187 ·
From what I can read on their website, this center stand does fit the Pure:

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-r-series/r-ninet/lifter-tools/lifter-mover/wunderlich-r-ninet-regular-main-stand-32423-002.html

If you click on the "This Product Fits To" link, it lists the "R nineT Pure"

Best,
-Tim
Based on the information provided on the website, it appears that the Wunderlich R nineT Regular Main Stand does fit the BMW R nineT Pure. The "This Product Fits To" link indicates that the stand is compatible with the R nineT Pure, which suggests that it has been designed and tested to work with that particular model. However, it is always a good idea to double-check with the manufacturer or seller to confirm compatibility before making a purchase, just to be sure.

#16 ·
Timmyjoe my local dealer Irv Seaver in Orange, Californian is a licensed Wunderlich dealer. You could try them or ask your local dealer.

I also am interested in this center stand.

#20 ·
I received a return email from Corinna Ziebarth of Wunderlich GmbH and she stated:

Dear Mr. Carroll

thank you very much for your interest in Wunderlich Company and products.

To order parts with delivery to the U.S. please contact directly our importer in the USA.
Here please find the contact details:

Attachments

Reactions: Don03st
#24 ·
Some center stands are the first thing to scrape in corners. Please comment on that in your review. I've never scraped my pegs but I don't want to create a new problem.

#26 ·
Compatiblity with lowered foot pegs

I don't know whether this helps anyone but I contacted Wunderlich to ascertain whether their centre stand is compatible with their 20mm foot peg lowering kit (Part No. 31430-002) on my 2016 R Nine T (standard). They inform me that they are indeed compatible, so I have ordered a kit. I have waited a long time for this accessory!

#28 · (Edited)
I ordered direct from the Wunderlich.de site over the weekend and its turned up today, so pretty quick.

Fitting took about 1.5 unrushed hours, fairly easy apart from the springs !
I had to use a long gemi bar against the stand stop stretching springs as well as the supplied spring tool.
Its very well made, only issue is they don't supply torx screws, just normal allen head and they aren't stainless, but that's normal for Wunderlich and is a minor issue as only one is in view when all fitted. I missed applying a couple of supplied sticky foam squares that became obvious when id assembled it !

Ground clearance isn't an issue and its about same as sidestand when cornering, id never get close to touching anything down. I have a long sump plate and it doesn't interfere at all. I also have 5mm longer shock to give about 15mm more suspension and that isn't an issue for the lift height, still room under rear tyre.

Its fairly heavy to get on stand but that's due to weight of bmw not any design issue.

Overall well pleased and def worth the money.

#36 ·
Luismoto doesn't have the center stand for the Classic or Pure yet. Talked to the folks at Wunderlich America today and they told me that the center stand for the Classic and Pure is a brand new product that they are just now starting to run production on. I guess the center stand for the Scrambler and UGS was their first design and that has been in production for a while. But the Classic/Pure version is just starting to come off the assembly line now. So I'm afraid it might be a few months before we can get our hands on them.

Best,
-Tim

#38 ·
I fitted mine today. Straightforward but I do have a hydraulic ramp and good tools. No real issues. The Spring is tough but I used a loop of nylon rope and a broom handle for extra leverage. The nylon washers between the stand brackets and the stand arms wouldn’t fit. In fairness Wunderlich do say loose assemble everything before tightening. Then they might fit but everything would be under tension and the stand might not retract without help. As it is I’m very pleased. It looks ‘factory’ and best of all works.

Attachments

#39 ·
Can you please include a pic with the stand in the ready to ride position? I'd like to see what the stand looks like back by the muffler. My Scrambler has the stock high pipe and I wonder if this stand would be sticking into that open space, very visible rather than being tucked in.
Thanks.