BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@LUISMOTO.IT thank you for clarifying the origins of the centre stand. I think there was some confusion before as to the origins of the stand and the instructions, it is great that you have clarified this. I expect the members appreciate this.

So to ensure the members know beyond doubt where the sidestand comes from, here is what I think you are saying:

1. the centrestand is produced in Italy by a company called X-Ray.

2. Wunderlich got involved to get the product certified for sale in Germany and also sells the sidestand.

3. X-Ray are using the Wunderlich instructions with Wunderlich's approval.

Is this a fair reflection on what you are saying? Please correct me if I am not reflecting your company's position properly.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge of the English language. all right. Xray designed and built the center stand, Wunderlich created the instructions and approved it. Luismoto is a retailer of both brands.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,112 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't see it. they are actually late, they already had to be available. I asked now and they tell me that they are painting at the moment so they will soon be available for the Roadster model
Thank you. Please update us here when they become available on the website.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,112 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a center stand in the USA available for the BMW UGS?
I've messaged you a link as this thread is for site sponsor Luismoto.

Reactions: Old Owl

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Luismoto, can you let me know if the center stand will work if the bike has raised suspension? I'm raising the rear +45mm and the front +20mm. I would rather have a center stand installed than modify the side stand to accommodate. Let me know, thanks!

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Here is my web research:
BMW R nineT Centre Stand
Luis Moto €269
Wunderlich €269

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I will be buying this for my bike's Xmas pressie.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
BMW R nineT Centre Stand
Luis Moto €269
Wunderlich €269

Luis Moto:
CENTRAL STAND FOR BMW R NINET ande R NineT Pure. The main stand is the most important option of a motorcycle that, strangely, is not included in the standard equipment. Since only a central or main stand can provide safe support, we have developed an even more stable and easy to use main retrofit stand (more favorable lever ratios on the arm for easy machine lifting). Indispensable for maintenance work (changing and checking the oil level), care and, above all, even for fully relaxing the bike. Easy assembly, includes all necessary components. Our main stand is designed for standard suspensions mounted by the R nineT and R NineT Pure. The data: Function Optimal support with any load Perfect leverage ratios for easy lifting Original mounting points for easy mounting and high stability Robust structure Double spring system for maximum safety Powder-coated steel tube with thick walls Includes all mounting components Includes special spring tension tool Easy assembly Technical data Material: steel tube, with thick walls, black powder-coated Precision caliber controlled welding and high quality workmanship Double spring system.

Wunderlich:
The centre stand is the most important option for a motorcycle, but one that for some unknown reason isn't part of the standard series fittings. Since only a centre or centre stand offers real stability, we have designed our retrofittable centre stands to be stable and user-friendly (ideal leverage on the cantilever for easy jacking-up of the bike). Essential for maintenance work (oil changes, oil level checks), care and most importantly for easy loading of the bike. Simple installation, delivery includes all assembly parts

The facts:

Function

• Optimum stability under any load
  • Perfect leverage for easy jacking
  • Original attachment points for easy mounting and high stability
  • Robust stop
  • Double-spring assembly for maximum security
  • Thick-walled and powder coated steel tubing
  • Includes all assembly parts
  • Includes special tool for tightening springs
  • Easy assembly

Technical data
  • Material: Steel tube, thick-walled, black powder-coated steel tube
  • Cleanly welded in a welding mould with a high-quality finish
  • Double spring assembly

Features
  • Wunderlich product. Small batches. Made by hand.
  • German Type approval in preparation
  • 5 year warranty
  • Made in Germany.
Important blabs:
“..care and, above all, even for fully relaxing the bike.”
“Made in Germany.”
“Function Optimal support with any load”

·
Registered
281 Posts
This looks awesome, but can anyone tell me if it will scrape in corners before the footpegs?
I'm already grinding down the "hero blobs" on my pegs so don't want to damage the centre stand or reduce my ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Sending to Ireland:
Wunderlich postage: €14.90 - The winner!
Luis Moto postage: €24.70

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
So, has anyone tried it out yet on the "normal" bike?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Here is my web research:
BMW R nineT Centre Stand
Luis Moto €269
Wunderlich €269
Prices for Wunderlich parts in the USA are significantly higher than in Europe. That's why you see guys complain about Wunderlich. Luis Moto is often more than a hundred dollars cheaper, even with international shipping costs included.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
It's interesting that Wunderlich state it's Made in Germany... And that Luis Moto use Wunderlich's description albeit without the bullets and with a bit of extra blab.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Your riding and maybe your pee may not be at the same level as others here I feel. We must try harder.

This looks awesome, but can anyone tell me if it will scrape in corners before the footpegs?
I'm already grinding down the "hero blobs" on my pegs so don't want to damage the centre stand or reduce my ground clearance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not really mate, grew up on sport bikes and there's plenty of riders that can humble me.

I think my problem is I try to ride my BMW like my Aprilia.

The R Nine T is actually an absolute blast when leaned over. I feel I can get close to the limit on this bike but I'm nowhere near it on my Tuono.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts