BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
So got the centre stand and installed it but I cannot get the bike up on the stand without 2 people..
There must be an easier way to do this can anyone give some advice...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,112 Posts
So got the centre stand and installed it but I cannot get the bike up on the stand without 2 people..
There is quite some discussion and solutions to this in the thread: Centre stand for Scrambler
Have a read through, mainly the later posts towards the end of the thread. (y)

·
Registered
122 Posts
One method to help get your bike on the center stand, which helped with my 800lb HD, is to apply the front brake and push the bike forward to compress the front suspension as much as you can, then use the suspension rebound to help pull the bike up onto the stand. Good luck!

I just got my stand from Luis Moto and hope to install it soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One method to help get your bike on the center stand, which helped with my 800lb HD, is to apply the front brake and push the bike forward to compress the front suspension as much as you can, then use the suspension rebound to help pull the bike up onto the stand. Good luck!

I just got my stand from Luis Moto and hope to install it soon.
I will give it a try thanks...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Roll the front wheel onto a small bit of wood and it becomes vastly easier. Just an inch or two should do it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sent an email to WUNDERLICH regarding the stand and they replied with this.....

Hello Andrew,

It is true that it is quite difficult to put the machine on the stand because the tipping point is not optimal, but there was no other possibility in the construction.
The development is to construct an additional lever that is soon in the program. This should make it easier.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
Got mine from Luismoto within a few days of ordering. Fantastic quality, perfect fit, even with my Rizoma footpegs. Takes a while to install (2-3 hours). Looks like OEM, very practical to store the bike upright (less space in the garage), & to release the suspension. Very happy with the result. This is how bikes in the 70 looked like ;-)

Extra weight: this is for sure the lowest point of gravity and perfectly counterbalances the few extra pounds of the guy sitting on top... On the track, I’ll compensate through pure skills.

Balance: yes, the majority is in the front, it’s not perfectly 50/50, as with for example the GSs. Also depends on amount of gas in the tank.

Great job, Wunderlich, thanks Luismoto for the prompt delivery!!!
And as far as the lifting procedure goes: Guys, this is really easy if you understand leverage. Put your full weight on the peg, grab the bike by the side frame, lift the bike back and up. With a bit of practice, it’s even a one hand task. No need for 2 inch wood-helpers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’m very much enjoying the center stand. It took a little finagling to make it fit, but got it on in about an hour. I got mine from Luismoto too

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anybody know if this is compatible with the Wunderlich footpeg lowering kit? Both center stand and footpeg kit appear to use the same common bracketry on the bike (Urban GS)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does anybody know if this is compatible with the Wunderlich footpeg lowering kit? Both center stand and footpeg kit appear to use the same common bracketry on the bike (Urban GS)
Do you already have the foot peg lowering kit?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have Suburban Machinery foot lowering pegs with the Luismoto center stand. They marry well.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
Guys, seriously: I did a lot of work today (wiring a radar detector, exchanging the handlebar). It is sooooo much easier to do that kind of work when the bike is solid and upright. And “lifting it up” is really so easy, it’s all about skills, and when you got that down, you’ll impress the cafe people dramatically! Don’t hesitate!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm wondering the same thing. Looking at the installation instructions, specifically at pictures 08 and 09, it would appear that the bolts highlighted in red on 08 and yellow on 09 would simply thread through the peg lowering piece instead of the OEM mount, and then the OEM mount would still be on the peg lowering piece in the lower holes. The only issue I see is if the thickness of the lowering kit portion is not the same as the OEM portion, then you may have to source longer/shorter bolts.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
It's just rusty crap. Here it is after seven months on the bike.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This rider has rust on other portions of his bike as well. Before condemning the center stand manufacturer it would be good to know what riding conditions this bike has been exposed to... road salt, ocean salt, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,425 Posts
This rider has rust on other portions of his bike as well. Before condemning the center stand manufacturer it would be good to know what riding conditions this bike has been exposed to... road salt, ocean salt, etc.
Your point is taken. However, no one condemned anyone.

In fact, suggesting that someone contact the manufacturer to see what can be done, is respecting the manufacturer and allowing them to have a say before anyone starts throwing stones their way.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts