BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
In fact, suggesting that someone contact the manufacturer to see what can be done, is respecting the manufacturer and allowing them to have a say before anyone starts throwing stones their way.
I agree with this. Especially considering this thread is in a Forum Vendor's section and is about a product that they stock.

IMO it would be reasonable to give the seller a chance to reply regarding the issue - I'm assuming it is Luismoto.it as it is in their forum section, but it is also possible that it is from another supplier as this thread has been subject to a bit of drift. Perhaps @pettefar can confirm what supplier he bought the stand from and if he has reached out to them regarding this.

Reactions: Dauphinais

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Made by X-Ray and sold by Wunderlich.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I had to send the original back as it came badly marked and dinged.

"AW: SI1910163 / Pettefar / IE
27 Nov 2019, 07:42
Guten Morgen Nick,
thank you very much for our e-mail.
I will create a new return label now and it will be send to [email protected]
The Returnlabel has the following number: 510236941433
Please confirm, when you have received the new label to return the part.
Please also add attached completed Return sheet to the shipment of part. No. 32423-002
We will send a replacement after receipt.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me again.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Cordialement
Best Regards
Corinna Ziebarth"

·
Administrator
11,778 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. So to be fair to the vendor here - Luismoto.it - although they stock this item it was not them that supplied this particular centre stand. However if all stands come from the same manufacturer then perhaps it would be good to know if you have sent photos of your rusty stand to them and if so, if they have replied.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
I’d like to chime in here. I have had the same issue on my 20 year old 1150GS. Of course this part is extremely exposed, not only to rocks and debris, but to water, salt etc. The more the bike is used off-road or in “Irish conditions”, the more it’s an issue. I’d recommend to use a vinyl wrap or any kind of other protective material as long as the part is fairly new. Just like I’d always wrap the front of a car when I know I’ll use it hard and still care about the looks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After using the centre stand for a while now, I find it quite easy to put the bike on the stand where as at the beginning it was hard work!!!

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm wondering the same thing. Looking at the installation instructions, specifically at pictures 08 and 09, it would appear that the bolts highlighted in red on 08 and yellow on 09 would simply thread through the peg lowering piece instead of the OEM mount, and then the OEM mount would still be on the peg lowering piece in the lower holes. The only issue I see is if the thickness of the lowering kit portion is not the same as the OEM portion, then you may have to source longer/shorter bolts.
Yes, I can confirm that this combo fits just fine. I just added the Wunderlich lowering kit to the center stand with zero issues. It’s really amazing what kind of add-ons are possible with this bike, if you work with solidly engineered parts. Additional bolts are provided in the Wunderlich package. Installation time 15 minutes, slight adjustment of the shift-lever 2 min. If I decide to start another minor project, it’ll be to replace the preliminary wrap-protection with some vinyl wrap soon. Too hot still in TX to work in the garage...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
FWIW, someone over on advrider sold his wunderlich peg lowering kit because it caused his heel to interfere with the centerstand. He uses US size 13 boots.
Well, I’m a boot-size 10, and while I see that 13 could be an issue, I‘d have to actively move my left foot A LOT back and forth while riding, like on a track. (Or, while stand-up ADV-riding, hint?) For which lowered footpegs are not a good idea anyways. No issues here for me. But measure yourselves, y‘all!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh wow. Yeah I would totally hit that center stand with my heel, both sitting and standing, unless it is lower than the peg, but from this angle it looks a touch higher.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
Oh wow. Yeah I would totally hit that center stand with my heel, both sitting and standing, unless it is lower than the peg, but from this angle it looks a touch higher.
Here’s a picture, again, with the lowered Wunderlich pegs and the center stand. There’s no way I can touch the stand in any regular riding position, the foot is just too much leaning forward. Probably different on a Urban or Scrambler, IF you stand on the pegs off-road.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks Norbi, that picture helps a lot. Now I know for sure it won't work on my Urban. I do stand on the pegs, and my pegs are level, not sloping forward like yours appear to be, so my heel would be a lot lower. Also, I wear a size 12 boot, so pretty sure it won't work.

Thanks Norbi.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
I’d like to chime in here. I have had the same issue on my 20 year old 1150GS. Of course this part is extremely exposed, not only to rocks and debris, but to water, salt etc. The more the bike is used off-road or in “Irish conditions”, the more it’s an issue. I’d recommend to use a vinyl wrap or any kind of other protective material as long as the part is fairly new. Just like I’d always wrap the front of a car when I know I’ll use it hard and still care about the looks.
Done. $5.23 invested at the Home Depot store. Shiniest part on the bike right now!
Bestest solution. Even holds extra cash bills, if needed...
Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
162 Posts
Done. $5.23 invested at the Home Depot store. Shiniest part on the bike right now!
Bestest solution. Even holds extra cash bills, if needed...
Mmmm. What material is this? Can't really figure it out from the pics.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts
A very simple black garden-type hose from your local hardware store, cut lengthwise ;-) But protects your stand from the constant torture of rocks and debris from your front wheel, and especially the resulting longtime rust!

·
Registered
2018 Urban
6 Posts
Can this stand be installed without the passenger subframe? I was looking at the Wunderlich site and they mention the subframe is needed. This one looks to mount independently.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
196 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can this stand be installed without the passenger subframe? I was looking at the Wunderlich site and they mention the subframe is needed. This one looks to mount independently.
No subframe required for the stand but if you want to add the optional handle it is. Perhaps that's where the mix up is.
Ref covering the stand to prevent chipping, I'm using black foam pipe lagging.
Works well

61 - 79 of 79 Posts