BMW NineT Forum banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very late to this party but just had a read thru, can I summarise to see if I've understood things.

After removing the canister you are left with a hose that needs to be extended downwards to meet the other half ?

You also have a hose that went in to the left hand throttle body ? This end needs capped, correct ?

You are also left with a relay, just pop back under seat, does this need blanked off ??

have I missed anything ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can anyone specify the size and recommend an online source for connectors and plugs that fit our tubes dimensions?

Cheers thanks for everything everyone has contributed so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are there any kits or parts I should buy to make this removal clean on a 2107 R NineT Pure? Watched the video and it doesn’t look like it but I think I’ve talked a bmw shop into doing it for me, just want to make sure I supply them any parts they might need to make this clean.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can anyone specify the size and recommend an online source for connectors and plugs that fit our tubes dimensions?

Cheers thanks for everything everyone has contributed so far.
You really only need a 3/16" to 3/16 barbed connector, which can be had off Amazon or your nearest hardware store. I had ordered extra fuel line, however, I found that the existing line can be cut, spliced, and connected without using extra. You will also need a vacuum cap for the left cyclindar.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are there any kits or parts I should buy to make this removal clean on a 2107 R NineT Pure? Watched the video and it doesn’t look like it but I think I’ve talked a bmw shop into doing it for me, just want to make sure I supply them any parts they might need to make this clean.
Amazing that a shop is willing to do this for you in the USA. The fine for any business found to be complicit in emissions tampering is $37,500 and up PER VEHICLE. The fine for individuals is one-tenth of that, but seldom enforced. Harley had their teats hammered four years ago for installing Screamin’ Eagle tuning devices at the dealerships.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Removed my canister: routed the overflow tube down with the other hoses behind the LH peg, plugged the LH jug outlet along with the feedback tube.

That said, I noticed a decently strong fuel smell in my garage (small garage, barely large enough for my Samurai). It makes sense that there would be a stronger odor since I've disconnected a charcoal filter that is supposed to suppress this phenomenon, however I'm wondering if this is common (I don't have other vehicles I park in my garage, so I cannot compare) with others, and want to double check it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine also has that strong smell, especially with higher temperatures.
Would have been better if it was still the old leaded petrol smell in the garage 😁

·
Registered
87 Posts
Removed my canister: routed the overflow tube down with the other hoses behind the LH peg, plugged the LH jug outlet along with the feedback tube.

That said, I noticed a decently strong fuel smell in my garage (small garage, barely large enough for my Samurai). It makes sense that there would be a stronger odor since I've disconnected a charcoal filter that is supposed to suppress this phenomenon, however I'm wondering if this is common (I don't have other vehicles I park in my garage, so I cannot compare) with others, and want to double check it's not a big deal.
It’s not a big deal. My R9T shares the garage with a car built in 1970, and there are no evap emissions devices on it. There is a faint smell of fuel from the car that overpowers anything coming from the bike. Before 1971, this was a fact of life in every garage in the world. If you parked your car for a month, all the fuel in the carburetor float bowls would have evaporated, and you’d have to crank forever to refill them with your mechanical fuel pump before the car would start. My car’s fuel pump came equipped with a priming lever, so you could refill the float bowls after an extended time parked and save your starter and battery.

Can you imagine a time when a typical driver was expected to be able to locate their fuel pump under the hood? Now we’re lucky if someone knows how to open the hood in the first place.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts