BMW NineT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roll up Roll Up - The good folk at BrenTuning have advised they've managed to jig their coding to now offer their handheld flash tuning options to 2017+ variants of the R NineT. Previously owners had to send their ECU into the HQ to have the maps written, but now those on Euro4 bikes have the luxury of a handheld unit, that can flash map after map after map. The custom map can also easily be flashed back to stock should you need to go in for servicing or repairs at your dealer.

One of the big benefits is that the handheld device also acts as a diagnostic tool! so you're able to read and clear fault codes (if any).

Anyway, there's plenty of information on this forum on how the handheld unit works, so feel free to search to see if you think this is something you may be interested in.

The reason for this post is that when BrenTuning first released their handheld units for 2014-2016 bikes, they offered a discount. To ensure 2017+ owners don't miss out, they've extended the offier to us!

More info about BrenTuning and contact info here for your specific questions to them: https://brentuningmoto.com/product/bmw-r9t-handheld/
Note that the above link is for 2014-2016 as they haven't updated their website yet, but rest assured the page will be updated prior to the group buy going live.

Per BrenTuning the Group discount pricing will be as follows:

+ All 2017 R9T varients: BrenTuning Handheld tablet with 4 x Maps tunes available (Stock, Pump, Race, and Custom)
Note: Discound is not offered for 2014-2016 bikes.

Pricing: (usd)
RRP: $795
10-19 units: $715.50 (10%)
20+ units: $675.75 (15%)
Shipping: $25-35 depending on location within US, or $100 flat rate for international.

Bren have asked that I guage interest and when we determine numbers, they will provide a code for either 10% or 15% off. I believe it will run for a limited time, but at this stage it looks to kick off (depending on numbers) around the first week of October.

SO, if you're interested, please post below to guage interest and message me your details (name and email) so I can compile a list to send to Bren Tuning.

For those with 2014-2016 units, feel free to post any reviews / findings (both good and bad) below to help those considering whether it's right for them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm interested.
But questions for Bren Tuning:
1) Any chance we can get the same 50% discount on EU shipping as for the last Group Buy?
2) Alternatively, could the handhelds be drop shipped direct from Dimsport in Italy thus reducing shipping and negating EU import duties?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm interested.
But questions for Bren Tuning:
1) Any chance we can get the same 50% discount on EU shipping as for the last Group Buy?
2) Alternatively, could the handhelds be drop shipped direct from Dimsport in Italy thus reducing shipping and negating EU import duties?
Put me down for a unit.
Roll up Roll Up - The good folk at BrenTuning have advised they've managed to jig their coding to now offer their handheld flash tuning options to 2017+ variants of the R NineT. Previously owners had to send their ECU into the HQ to have the maps written, but now those on Euro4 bikes have the luxury of a handheld unit, that can flash map after map after map. The custom map can also easily be flashed back to stock should you need to go in for servicing or repairs at your dealer.

One of the big benefits is that the handheld device also acts as a diagnostic tool! so you're able to read and clear fault codes (if any).

Anyway, there's plenty of information on this forum on how the handheld unit works, so feel free to search to see if you think this is something you may be interested in.

The reason for this post is that when BrenTuning first released their handheld units for 2014-2016 bikes, they offered a discount. To ensure 2017+ owners don't miss out, they've extended the offier to us!

More info about BrenTuning and contact info here for your specific questions to them: https://brentuningmoto.com/product/bmw-r9t-handheld/
Note that the above link is for 2014-2016 as they haven't updated their website yet, but rest assured the page will be updated prior to the group buy going live.

Per BrenTuning the Group discount pricing will be as follows:

+ All 2017 R9T varients: BrenTuning Handheld tablet with 4 x Maps tunes available (Stock, Pump, Race, and Custom)
Note: Discound is not offered for 2014-2016 bikes.

Pricing: (usd)
RRP: $795
10-19 units: $715.50 (10%)
20+ units: $675.75 (15%)
Shipping: $25-35 depending on location within US, or $100 flat rate for international.

Bren have asked that I guage interest and when we determine numbers, they will provide a code for either 10% or 15% off. I believe it will run for a limited time, but at this stage it looks to kick off (depending on numbers) around the first week of October.

SO, if you're interested, please post below to guage interest and message me your details (name and email) so I can compile a list to send to Bren Tuning.

For those with 2014-2016 units, feel free to post any reviews / findings (both good and bad) below to help those considering whether it's right for them.

Thanks!
Put me on your list for a purchase.

·
Administrator
11,354 Posts

The above post shows the new model handheld flash device members will get if they purchase.

·
Administrator
11,354 Posts
Guess that's those invisible fans that we've all got fitted to our bikes? ;)

Obviously a mistake...

·
Registered
327 Posts
LOWER FAN-ON TEMP

In an effort to cool the engine down more, we have lowered the temperature in which the radiator fans come on. This keeps your bike cooler and more consistent with power.

On the website, is this for real?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
LOWER FAN-ON TEMP

In an effort to cool the engine down more, we have lowered the temperature in which the radiator fans come on. This keeps your bike cooler and more consistent with power.

On the website, is this for real?

Daaaaamn, your tune comes with radiator fans for maaaaax power! My pre-2017 tune is really missing out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Count me "IN" for the buy if it the price gets to $675...

I have some questions, ill ask them here, but maybe I should just call or email Bren Tuning.

1. Can this device be used with other motorcycles? If yes, I assume all I need to do is pay for additional maps and cables?
2. How many maps do we get with this purchase?
3. My bike is stock now, but I want to tune it so its less lean and restricted.. What happens when I add a header with CAT delete? Do I have to buy another tune patch?
4. Did I read correctly that I should flash the ECU back to stock tune prior to going to a dealer for service?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
From Bren Tuning:
  1. Can this device be used with other motorcycles? If yes, I assume all I need to do is pay for additional maps and cables?
  2. How many maps do we get with this purchase?
  3. My bike is stock now, but I want to tune it so its less lean and restricted and squeeze out more performance while smoothing out the riding experience.. What happens when I add a header with CAT delete? Do I have to buy another tune patch from Bren?
  4. Did I read correctly that I should flash the ECU back to stock tune prior to going to a dealer for service?
  5. Does the Bren Tuner for 2017+ models come with a cooling fan for the oil cooler (or did I miss read this?)
  6. Do I need a Power Commander, that is if I get serious into tracking my RnineT is there and reason to get a Power Commander in addition to the Bren Tune? Will the addition of a power commander require a new patch?
  7. With the Bren Tuner, can I create my own custom maps?
  8. Do you recommend a dyno in addition to a tuning map to create the custom maps?
Answers:

1 - No, each device marries to the VIN of one bike. Pretty standard practice across the board for tuning models.

2 - Purchase includes a pump and race fuel map. As well as the ability to go back to stock. If you require more maps they would be $100/map.

3 - If you do a full header on the bike you will need to have the maps updated. Different slip ons can be swapped without tuning adjustments.

4 - Yes, if taking the bike to the dealership for servicing I would flash back to stock. If they update the ECU while a tuned map is still on the bike the handheld will become useless. This way atleast if they do update the ECU you can have the maps updated, will need to cover the files team time to do so.

5 - We have not played with the oil cooler fans yet. If there's enough interest we can look into it.

6 - No need for a PCV on these bikes. We can tune the fuel curve right through the ECU very accurately. If you need the fuel curve dialed in tighter you can purchase an AEM Uego from us and we will adjust the fueling using the data from that. I haven't had a R9t customer go to that level yet though.

7 - No, we handle all the tuning.

8 - No dyno required.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately it's looking like we would be lucky to even get 5 pre-orders together, so it isn't looking the best.
I'll try reach out to the German forum and see if I can generate more interest...

·
Administrator
11,354 Posts
I thought more members would be interested in this! The quality of the tune is oustanding if the results on my 2014 classic are anything to go by...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Maybe when my warranty expires!

To be honest I'm pretty happy with the stock tune on my 2017. More power wouldn't hurt though.

·
Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
381 Posts
It's a shame to see so little interest in this. Either way I'm happy to see BrenTuning finally has a working solution for the 17+ bikes and I'll pick one up eventually. If this group buy doesn't happen my money will probably be spent on rear suspension in the near future and the tuning device some time after that.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.