BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

Just ordered my 9t pure in the standard grey. Now it's time to start looking for clothes. For a helmet I'm going with the gloss black Bell Bullitt, so that's the kind of style I like. Also probably a black leather jacket (thinking about the Richa Manhattan 2). Problem is the pants. None of the textile pants I've seen look nice. Jeans look good I think, but I don't know if they offer the amount of protection I want (beginning rider) and whether they will suit me all year round: I won't be driving daily and will avoid rain as much as possible, but I'm from Belgium, not California... As for leather pants, I've not found a pair that I find good-looking either, but apparently they offer better protection? (sliding)

I mainly came to this place to ask because I find it hard to visualize which type would look best with my jacket and helmet and most importantly, with my bike. So hopefully some of you 9t owners can offer some insight!
Thanks

·
Registered
2018 r nine t pure
9 Posts
Hey hey! Excellent choices. If it's not too late, I'd recommend trying the Biltwell GringoS helmet, I find it WAY more comfortable than the Bell Bullitt at a better price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, For the jeans I can highly recommend UglyBros. They are fairly expensive but in my opinion the best looking on the market. I have two pairs now and love them. No issues with protection as they are Kevlar lined and have CE approved knee and hip armour etc. Check out World's Finest Motorcycle Gear - Urban Rider London as they offer great service and will ship worldwide.

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
212 Posts
You can look at BMW option, not everybody’s cup of tea but the quality is good and they will keep you safe. With other brands I am not sure about quality and safety aspect, at least BMW give that warranty and some fellow riders “tested” it and were happy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love my Ugly Bros Ton-Up fleece lined riding pants. Armored hips and knees. Somewhat slim fit with room for boots still.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I have had a million pairs of jeans from Dainese, ugly bros, Rokker, etc. IMO, none of them really cut it — they’re all either too hot in the summer or not good enough protection. All jeans look stupid with knee pads.

The leather pants I wear the most in the summer are simple Dainese pony’s, in the winter I wear the Rukka gore-tex Merlin’s but they’re ridiculous expensive. I used to wear BMW Atlantis pants a lot, also waterproof and expensive.

For your look, you might consider khaki chinos from rev’it!, aether, or Rokker — I have the rokker’s and the fit is awesome but they do get pretty warm...

For my next pants purchase, I will try the Belstaff gear that Charlie wore on the Long Way Up — they also make leathers that Ewan wore, and look pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all! So none of you would recommend leather pants for the look I'm going for? I guess they're more for the harley kind of guys?

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
212 Posts
Thank you all! So none of you would recommend leather pants for the look I'm going for? I guess they're more for the harley kind of guys?
Clothing is a personal choice. Leather will fit well with a retro look. I like the smell and look of leather, however in summer temperatures are generally above 25 degrees celsius and in traffic you boil, on the open road no problem. In Johannesburg you will get sunny weather and temperatures of 30 degrees celsius in the morning, by three oclock you have a huge thunderstorm and drop in temperature. Some like the jeans and some do not. I like BMW suits and others hate it. My personal choice in Germany would be to go for leather. The weather is ideal and you are spoiled for choice in respect of options and quality. Shop around do some retail therapy. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
332 Posts
For a helmet I'm going with the gloss black Bell Bullitt, so that's the kind of style I like.
I bought the carbon version. Lovely thing to look at but I couldn't do more than 20km with it on my head. It had 2 plastic clips on the forehead area that with with pressure really hurt. Most uncomfortable helmet I ever tried, sold it and bought an Arai QVPro to replace it. I read that Bell changed the design for 2018 or 2019 so that those clips are no longer there so yours may have no issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts