BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

yesterday I installed my new AC Schnitzer Superbike Handlebar on my Racer. Beside changing a brake line I also had to re-position the banjo bolt on the clutch line. Everything went well and after bleeding both clutch and brake works.

Today I went to see the bike and I notice its leaking clutch hydraulic fluid from the cap. Very strange, never had that problem. Revised the bolts and everything is tight. Any one else saw this leaking from the reservoir cap? Is it maybe liquid that entered into the diafragma and is being pressed out?

Any ideas? Thanks !

Tom

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I suggest removing the cap and diaphragm, giving them both a thorough clean and dry, and reassembling....then keeping a close eye on it in case of re-occurrence.

Reactions: gristle

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today it is still leaking, will give it another day and then open it up again. I cleaned the borders before putting it on.

Tom

I suggest removing the cap and diaphragm, giving them both a thorough clean and dry, and reassembling....then keeping a close eye on it in case of re-occurrence.

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
This happened to my front brake reservoir cover a couple of years back, it was out of warranty so I just put a "sweat band" around it as it was only ever a light seep. Certainly on the original 2014-16 bikes this problem did surface from time to time and BMW did replace the entire front brake unit under warranty on some occasions that I seem to remember. I haven't heard of any of the newer models being similarly problematic.

I intend to get around to fit aftermarket brake/clutch master cylinders (possibly Magura) this winter.

Reactions: Toni

·
Registered
'20 r-nine-t/5
38 Posts
Just as Gambo mentioned, it is a good idea to remove and clean the cover and rubber diaphragm. Check the diaphragm for any nicks or holes. Be sure to not have over filled the reservoir. Under pressure, excess fluid will cause leaks at the reservoir. You do not have to fill to the max mark, just below that mark is fine too. When reinserting the diaphragm and cover, make sure nothing is pinching.

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys, many thanks, today the leakage was already less, tomorrow I will take off the cap and try the suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts