BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 BMW R nineT Pure
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought a BMW R nine T Pure and couldn't be happier.

After a long initial ride, I realized I'd like a more comfortable seat. And, why not, brown color.

I checked this forum and it seems the Sargent seats are good, and they come with a storage pod. I'm not totally convinced of the look but the extra storage is definitively useful.

I called the company and they told me they don't paint the pod, is either black or unpainted. I'd like the pod to match the color of the fuel tank.

Does anybody have a recommendation of how to pain it? I couldn't find any place that sells an aerosol with the color code of the fuel tank: Catalano Grey/N0Y - CATALANOGRAU UNI
I found this site but they only sell touch-up paint, not sure if this is the way to go.

Thanks in advance,
Javier

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most decent spray shops here in the UK can scan the colour and using various palette mixes can reproduce any colour. It’s only a small job, so wouldn’t expect it to be mega money. I’m sure there are places like this in the US

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
On a related note, anyone know of a way to get color-matched paint in small quantities for a DIY approach?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sherwin Williams auto paint division. They can and do color match anything and will supply it to you in a spray can if you like. Don't expect Rustoleum prices though.
I would suggest getting the pod first and see it you like it installed on the bike. Everyone's opinion on it varies, including mine as I sent it back and went a different route.

·
Registered
2020 BMW R nineT Pure
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sherwin Williams auto paint division. They can and do color match anything and will supply it to you in a spray can if you like. Don't expect Rustoleum prices though.
I would suggest getting the pod first and see it you like it installed on the bike. Everyone's opinion on it varies, including mine as I sent it back and went a different route.
Thank you very match for BOTH tips @BugginsScrambler, as luck would have it there are a couple near San Diego. But since I'm not sure how it'll look like I'll try first before painting it. If you don't mind to ask you, which route you took? I just bought my Pure and I'm amazed by the customization possibilities.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here is the route I took ..............

·
Registered
2020 BMW R nineT Pure
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the route I took ..............
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing...
Cheers!