BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t taken the time to really go for a longer ride since I got the R9T so I’ve been looking forward to just getting out there and riding. I’ve thought long and hard about where I want to go. So this route shouldn’t be overly ambitious at around 300 miles. The plan is:
Pine
Guanella pass
Georgetown
Breckinridge
Guffy
Cripple Creek
Home
Plenty of twisties and no highway. Lots of mountain passes and short stretches between good places to stop. I’ll post pictures and details after. The plan is to leave fairly early tomorrow and just ride, take pictures, stop often and relax and enjoy the day.
Map World Atlas Parallel
Map World Atlas Parallel

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,057 Posts
Looks like a fun route, and you've described the makings for a great day -- fun roads with good plentiful opportunities to stop for rest, food, and hydration. Ride safe!! (y)

·
Registered
2017 BMW RnineT Racer
105 Posts
I have a few days scheduled in this area (in 10-days).
Plan to ride Pikes Peak a couple of times.
Is this route the best for corners (+ road conditions) in this area?
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a few days scheduled in this area (in 10-days).
Plan to ride Pikes Peak a couple of times.
Is this route the best for corners (+ road conditions) in this area?
Thanks for your input.
I don’t know about “best” but it has it’s share. From Woodland Park to Pine junction is twisty. A short stretch of 285 after that gets you to Guanella pass which is glorious. After Georgetown there’s a short stretch of I70 to Frisco and then nice road to Breckinridge. After Breck is Housier pass that is awesome. RT9 is twisty all the way to Guffy followed by really nice roads through Cripple Creek and back to 24. I think you would be hard pressed to be disappointed with the route but there are so many great roads in Colorado.
Look up Ridge road from Blackhawk to Estes Park. Then over Rocky Mountain National park.
Berthod pass rt40 to Winter Park.
Look up Bishops Castle. Getting there is nice.
You can do another loop from Colorado Springs to Canyon City and go over Skyline drive which I posted here before. Then Guffy, Cripple Creek and so on.
Poudre canyon is another nice ride.
You can also go up both Pikes Peak and Mt Evens .
Many many many great places to ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks awesome! You're probably already planning to, but ditch the tunnel on 70 and don't miss Hwy 6 between Georgetown and Dillon. Have fun!
Yup. Loveland pass. Made the mistake of riding the right lane on a bike through the tunnel once. The ruts in the pavement from all the trucks are dangerous.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn’t get to go this week and I’ll try again next week. This working for a living crap really gets in the way of getting out there sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts