BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
As far as I understand, the NineT's fork is about the same as the S1000RR, just simplified (not adjustable). This means, the diameter to consider for clip ons should be 55mm (anyone to confirm?).

Regarding the bar, that's a dual diameter piece, 28.6mm in the middle, 22mm at the ends, if I understood correctly.

Clip-ons:
  • ?
Bars:
  • BUELL Clubman from the BUELL CR 1125 (photos below)
  • ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't really understand what the Robby handlebars would look like on a bike, but here is a picture of the LSL Fat-bar. They look pretty cool, and I like the gold color in the picture too.

I take it that all you guys are planning on switching handle bars on your nineT.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Question for this group, are clip ons very usable for day-to-day without also providing rear sets? Seems it would change the ergonomics a good deal and not compensating for the different lean angle could be very uncomfortable. Should add also a section for rear sets?

·
Registered
715 Posts
So, here is the list:

Clip-ons:
  • ?
Bars:
  • ?

What do you think of this ace bar, that can be adjusted in many different ways (click on the image to see a photo gallery):
Interesting idea for variability's sake, but kind of cluttered by the adjustment joints.

If I were to look for a different bar it would be to find one that fits me best, and then I would just ride with it. No need for variability once the fit is identified. So, for me, a fixed-shape bar would work just as well and offer a cleaner look.

But if you were interested in changing your geometry for different riding, then the adjustable bar might be a good idea. Not for me, though. I get used to a bike and expect it to behave and be set up in a certain way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for this information. I need to change my handle bars to something narrower to get through London traffic and so I can get my R nine T through my front door. I am thinking I will go for the Rizoma MA008B as their width is 720mm. I like the look of their bar end mirrors too. Does anyone have anything more on this?
I eventually may change to clip-ons but I will wait and see what parts come out and what others do to their bikes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've just ordered the MA008B..... Slightly higher and slightly narrower. Ordered the reverse retro mirrors too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please post some pics when it's done.
I think i will go with the rizoma bar as well.
Is it the same diameter as the stock?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've just ordered a pair of S1000RR stock clip-ons... Let's see how it looks when I'll receive the bike and set them up (two weeks from now).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you ordered some new rear sets too? your knees are gonna be in your armpits!
No, no rearsets for now. But, I'm not tall enough to suffer with this modification.
Anyway, if the position is not comfortable I'll try to just add some rearset adapter plates (custom made).

The only rearset that fits the NineT is the Gilles Tooling set... which is quite expensive...

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
About this Discussion
126 Replies
59 Participants
GreenBonnie01
BMW NineT Forum
NineTowners Forum is the world's premiere community for the BMW R NineT, NineT Scrambler, Racer, Pure and Urban G/S. Join the discussion!
Full Forum Listing