BMW NineT Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think max would be about 55mm without moving cables.
I have mine on 50mm, clutch cable needed adjusting and brake cable has just enough.
55mm would make it tight, but I would still be able to turn the handlebars.
Some guys moved the brake cable to go down the right hand side of the neck (when sitting on the bike), to free up some more space

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think max would be about 55mm without moving cables.
I have mine on 50mm, clutch cable needed adjusting and brake cable has just enough.
55mm would make it tight, but I would still be able to turn the handlebars.
Some guys moved the brake cable to go down the right hand side of the neck (when sitting on the bike), to free up some more space
Thank you

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hi all,

Just installed the LSL Tour Match kit in my 2018 roadster. I didn't quite like the look of the silver handle tubes that come with the kit and took a chance and got a pair of gold ones. I thought once the kit is installed, it would be quite easy to simply exchange the tubes with the safe colour: black. Now that I installed the kit, just now, I do like the golden accent to go with the forks and accessory BMW steering damper.

Here's a before, just this morning:

And the after, just now:

Here's a few more shots:

The LSL gold is towards the orange whilst the BMW is a more yellow/green/grey tinge.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Question for this group, are clip ons very usable for day-to-day without also providing rear sets? Seems it would change the ergonomics a good deal and not compensating for the different lean angle could be very uncomfortable. Should add also a section for rear sets?
I can attest to the discomfort. I actually got my used classic with clips and no rear sets. It’s likely the reason the previous owner turned it in to the dealership for a trade with only 500 miles on the odometer and why when it was test ridden no one scooped it up until me. The first thing I did was to remove the clips, I didn’t want a Cafe bike or to pay the cost for rear sets either. If you like riding with your knees in your arm pits then go with clips and no rear sets. If you want the true cafe feel and look then clips are a must ... and so are rear sets.

·
Registered
440 Posts
you ordered some new rear sets too? your knees are gonna be in your armpits!
SuperTramp called it perfectly. If you put true Rizoma clips on’s cafe style and dont rear set the pegs and foot controls you knees are in definitely in your arm pitts. I know....trust me.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts