BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter #1
Hey chaps

After very long wait my competition werkes slip on finally arrived! Yay!
Did not waste a second and had it fitted! the whole process was painless and took less than half hour at relaxed pace and taking photos etc. Gave it a good clean after with wd40 and started her up! Wow!

Plus opens up rear wheel and is a LOT lighter than stock twin Akro. Also purchased baffle but only for MOT purposes or if it gets too loud 馃榿 photos below to compare to stock hope some of you will find it useful

Registered
Looking good there DomKiwi.......so just how loud is it ?.......as from looking at your photo's i would say quite loud...:sneaky:

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good there DomKiwi.......so just how loud is it ?.......as from looking at your photo's i would say quite loud...:sneaky:
Thanks! 馃槉 I had original headers with slash cut pro-race slip on and that was loud loud just over the verge of being acceptable. Then switched to catless headers and that was waaaay over the top loud sounded like bloody Spitfire 馃う hence I had to stick stock end can back on as a temporary measure till CW can arrives. CW can is certainly louder than stock but not as loud as slash cut and I would say it is verging on being socially acceptable, would be too loud to pass mot. There are videos on youtube before and after but I did not bother posting one up as it is hard to judge a video recorder with your phone. Sound is more throaty and manly than stock can.

Registered
I know what you mean about the 'throaty' sound. My stock gs can doesn't sound too shabby, but it didn't stop me splashing out on a titanium unit short exhaust. Should be here and fitted by the weekend. Will check out the YouTube of before/after.

SF

Registered
It looks very good but I am not a fan of the branding. The big red sticker/metal plate is too much for my preference. Is it removable or did they have an option to order without it?

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean about the 'throaty' sound. My stock gs can doesn't sound too shabby, but it didn't stop me splashing out on a titanium unit short exhaust. Should be here and fitted by the weekend. Will check out the YouTube of before/after.

SF
Ahh mate you gotta post some pics of it! Can not wait to see it! Did you get the headers too?

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter #7
It looks very good but I am not a fan of the branding. The big red sticker/metal plate is too much for my preference. Is it removable or did they have an option to order without it?
Thanks, I know what you mean by the label. There is an option to have it blacked out if you order directly from CW and it has to be full black can. In my case I did not want all black can, CW themselves do not post outside us ( had to source via ebay) and to be honest I quite like the badge. Says USA on it can't be cheap sh*t 馃榿馃榿馃憤馃挭

Registered
Ahh mate you gotta post some pics of it! Can not wait to see it! Did you get the headers too?
No. Not gone for headers yet, but may well do.

I have removed the rear passenger frame in readiness.....just waiting for the frame blanking plate, exhaust and low hanger to arrive.....once all fitted i will post some pictures.

SF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts