BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a constands bike lifter, it looks identical to the bersig and bike tower but is half the price. Hopefully its not half the lifter. I allready have a constands paddock stand and for the money it good quality. Will let you know how it is when it arrives.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i ordered the stand last friday and it arrived monday lunch time, so a quick dispatch time. Building it was stright forward, just needed 30mm socket for the swing arm nut and a 27mm socket for there bush. Within less than one hour it was hoisted in the air. At the moment its a bit of a pain to get off the stand just need practice. I'm impressed so bought a second adpter plate for my 800s.without the second plate the total cost was £230.00 20161216_131209.jpg

20161216_131154.jpg

20161216_130626.jpg

20161216_130559.jpg

20161216_131223.jpg

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Looks great, as far as I can see the quality is very good

·
Registered
357 Posts
Would it be too much to ask for better pictures? The one you posted are a bit ot of focus. Interested in seing the pin that is bolted to the frame
-how does it look?
-how much does it protrude?
-how is the stability once lifted?

They are on sale now and thinking of buying one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quick q - does the swingarm nut need removing before screwing in the constands adapter nut? There is a small amount of exposed thread without undoing the bike bolt but it doesn’t look enough to hold the bike with. Reason - I’ve just bought a second hand Constand lifter and am missing instructions. Thx.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry it's taken some time to reply, in answer to the first question yes I definitely would buy again. I have also own a f800s,r1200gs and now a f800r as well as the r9t, and have used the stand on all these bikes just needed a separate adapter. Luckily the s and r take the same one, an the stand has been faultless. My only gripe is that on the 9t I have slacken the adapter plate off to remove the bike from the stand, but on the other bikes I didn't need to. I have even convinced my brother to buy one for his z900rs cafe, after years off being a abba stand owner so that speaks volumes. The second question yes you do need to remove the swing are nut and replace it with the adapter socket, I have looked for the instructions but can't find them. Hopefully a few photos will help, yes it's not going to be as well made as the expensive ones but its half the price. I got the stand with the 9t adapter, the adapter for the 800s and then the one for the 1200gs all cheaper than a bursig stand would be.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I guess it's a good and solid build contraption, I just wonder of it's purpose...
I understand it's great for moving the bike about your garage, but it don't seem to be lifted enough for comfortably working on the bike. Unless you're sitting on the floor? I was planning to buy a bench lift device, so I could level the bike higher, in front of my eyes when standing up right. I suppose it is probably a more expensive option, but I am sure cheaper versions exist out there?

Cheers Riders 🤔🤔😁☻

1 - 11 of 11 Posts