BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a constands bike lifter, it looks identical to the bersig and bike tower but is half the price. Hopefully its not half the lifter. I allready have a constands paddock stand and for the money it good quality. Will let you know how it is when it arrives.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i ordered the stand last friday and it arrived monday lunch time, so a quick dispatch time. Building it was stright forward, just needed 30mm socket for the swing arm nut and a 27mm socket for there bush. Within less than one hour it was hoisted in the air. At the moment its a bit of a pain to get off the stand just need practice. I'm impressed so bought a second adpter plate for my 800s.without the second plate the total cost was £230.00 20161216_131209.jpg

20161216_131154.jpg

20161216_130626.jpg

20161216_130559.jpg

20161216_131223.jpg

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Looks great, as far as I can see the quality is very good

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Would it be too much to ask for better pictures? The one you posted are a bit ot of focus. Interested in seing the pin that is bolted to the frame
-how does it look?
-how much does it protrude?
-how is the stability once lifted?

They are on sale now and thinking of buying one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Quick q - does the swingarm nut need removing before screwing in the constands adapter nut? There is a small amount of exposed thread without undoing the bike bolt but it doesn’t look enough to hold the bike with. Reason - I’ve just bought a second hand Constand lifter and am missing instructions. Thx.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry it's taken some time to reply, in answer to the first question yes I definitely would buy again. I have also own a f800s,r1200gs and now a f800r as well as the r9t, and have used the stand on all these bikes just needed a separate adapter. Luckily the s and r take the same one, an the stand has been faultless. My only gripe is that on the 9t I have slacken the adapter plate off to remove the bike from the stand, but on the other bikes I didn't need to. I have even convinced my brother to buy one for his z900rs cafe, after years off being a abba stand owner so that speaks volumes. The second question yes you do need to remove the swing are nut and replace it with the adapter socket, I have looked for the instructions but can't find them. Hopefully a few photos will help, yes it's not going to be as well made as the expensive ones but its half the price. I got the stand with the 9t adapter, the adapter for the 800s and then the one for the 1200gs all cheaper than a bursig stand would be.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I guess it's a good and solid build contraption, I just wonder of it's purpose...
I understand it's great for moving the bike about your garage, but it don't seem to be lifted enough for comfortably working on the bike. Unless you're sitting on the floor? I was planning to buy a bench lift device, so I could level the bike higher, in front of my eyes when standing up right. I suppose it is probably a more expensive option, but I am sure cheaper versions exist out there?

Cheers Riders ???☻

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a Constand Paddock Lift that I had used on my previous bike, but when I went to buy an adapter for my R NineT, they advised that they refuse to ship to the US and won't give a reason why.
I had purchased this stand thinking it was a long term solution for future bike purchases, but now realize its just an expensive piece of metal sitting in the corner of the garage.

I've tried looking on eBay and other places on the internet, but have not had any luck
So if anyone has an extra adapter for the R NineT laying around they wish to sell, I'm a buyer.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a stand like this, I would avoid this manufacturer altogether. They may not support you in the future.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,246 Posts
I've got a Constand Paddock Lift that I had used on my previous bike, but when I went to buy an adapter for my R NineT, they advised that they refuse to ship to the US and won't give a reason why.
I had purchased this stand thinking it was a long term solution for future bike purchases, but now realize its just an expensive piece of metal sitting in the corner of the garage.

I've tried looking on eBay and other places on the internet, but have not had any luck
So if anyone has an extra adapter for the R NineT laying around they wish to sell, I'm a buyer.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a stand like this, I would avoid this manufacturer altogether. They may not support you in the future.
That's unfortunate, and strange. I have the Bursig stand, and isn't the Constand basically a copy?

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
If they are advertising the product for sale, they cannot refuse to sell it. That's international commerce law. They should give you a solid reason why they are refusing.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts

I possibly might be able to help you out. How much does it weigh, and how big (dimensions) is the adapter? I can ask a friend from Germany if she's willing to bring it with her if space and weight allow; she flies for an airline.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I possibly might be able to help you out. How much does it weigh, and how big (dimensions) is the adapter? I can ask a friend from Germany if she's willing to bring it with her if space and weight allow; she flies for an airline.
Thanks man, That is awesome for you to Offer. I’ve reached out to a workmate of mine from Germany and he’s going to buy them for me and ship them over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts