BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
R nine t 2014
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are people on here been affected by the virus? Hope everyone on here and their loved ones worldwide are safe.
At the moment I am still due to collect my bike at the weekend but if I can't then my family comes first and it will be going nowhere so I will collect it when I am able to.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,648 Posts
Getting serious up here in Scotland. Schools closed to Pupils from tomorrow, my dentist phoned me and cancelled my appointment next week plus the shops look as if they've been hit by a plague of locusts what with the nutters panic-buying. Looks as if my foreign holiday in May will be cancelled too, but hey I'll get a refund and in comparison to some other's problems its a small issue.

I'm kinda front line exposure as a lot of my time is spent in schools doing IT support - so far so good, and I'm staying positive. My partner's work colleague tragically lost her dad to the virus (second death in Scotland at the time) but he apparently had serious underlying conditions too... Still a real shame...

Hope you all stay safe!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Australia has not been hit too hard (yet?) but we’ve had the stupid panic buying at the grocery stores and today we’re closing the borders to any non-citizen / non-residents. Qantas, the main airline is basically shutting down for 30 days, schools remain open but Uni’s are all going virtual if open at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
As a self employed taxi driver my income has dropped more than 50% in just the last few days and as someone who lives alone with no other means of income I foresee tough times ahead, hey ho.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
As a self employed taxi driver my income has dropped more than 50% in just the last few days and as someone who lives alone with no other means of income I foresee tough times ahead, hey ho.
Hi Cabby,
Sorry to hear. It is going to be tough for everyone everywhere I think. Either directly or indirectly.
On my side I am in France and the whole country has gone so quiet.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
In Canada, the country is practically in shut down mode...none essential jobs are shut down, border with USA closed except for commerce (first time in Canada-USA history that this ever happened)....everbody is doing social distancing more or less...groceries stores are out of toilet paper, bread, flour, canned food, purel..gas is super cheap now...half of the population is in panic mode and the other half doesn't give a shit....they just want to go back to their regular life....one thing for sure, the economical impact will be way worse than 2008.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Decided to escape the winter to warmer climes.
Before I could reach, the West Bank, Jordan, Egypt got closed. My next destination of choice, Turkey followed suit and now I am in India. Not much of a panic here, but life has slowed down and all international flights are banned till March 29th.
Que sera, sera.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

·
Registered
64 Posts
On a french perspective there’s a global lockdown in the country due to the way the disease is spreading exponentially. The first lockdown period is 15 days but no doubt this will increase. Main issue is to deal with the number of people who requires breathing care...we will soon reach the max number of occupied beds and assistance devices available.

Living in UK, i think there’s a 2 weeks delay in comparison with France (in terms of contamination). My daughter and I have been ill this week with some covid19 symptoms, impossible to be tested if you do not have breathing issue. Seem to be a bit better now but we need to be cautious !

Cheers !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
On a french perspective there’s a global lockdown in the country due to the way the disease is spreading exponentially. The first lockdown period is 15 days but no doubt this will increase. Main issue is to deal with the number of people who requires breathing care...we will soon reach the max number of occupied beds and assistance devices available.

Living in UK, i think there’s a 2 weeks delay in comparison with France (in terms of contamination). My daughter and I have been ill this week with some covid19 symptoms, impossible to be tested if you do not have breathing issue. Seem to be a bit better now but we need to be cautious !

Cheers !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Good luck... best of health to you and your daughter!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Hi all,
Is it still socially acceptable to go out motorcycling?
What’s your thoughts on this, please.
Ken.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,648 Posts
Can't see any reason why not to go out solo, and practice social distancing. Certainly nothing in UK government advice (so far) to prevent you...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi all,
Is it still socially acceptable to go out motorcycling?
What’s your thoughts on this, please.
Ken.

Just don't fall off or get cleaned up!
The Hospital system is so overwhelmed you may not get fixed/admitted/etc.

Sounds silly, and 3 weeks ago it would have been laughable.... not so much at the moment

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Just done a short hop (20 mile round trip) to deliver a couple of computer leads so one of my girls can work from home next week.
Quite a few joggers and bicyclists about, also fair few motorcyclists heading up the M66, reckon they’ll be going to Rivington Barn, it’s where (Is there a collective noun, other than a group, for lots of bikers) lots of enthusiasts congregate each Sunday near Chorley.
Thanks for the answers,Ken.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Things are getting weird for many folks around the world, with countries going in lockdowns, with businesses and services shutting down, and a world economy that’s sputtering. I wanted to start a new discussion on how you are all coping, and more specifically, how (and if) your R9T helps you deal with these stressful times. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed yesterday so I topped of my pure, added a little oil, and disappeared into the cascade mountains. The hypnotic boxer sound and the cadence and rhythm of carving some curves helped me relax and forget, for a while, that we are going through some weird [email protected]%€ these days. Empty roads also helped!

Stay safe, R9T clan!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Wuhan virus, so my Urban is sitting in the garage as I convalesce . In NY all non-essential business have been shut down, so for the next ? days I will attempt to work from home. Hopefully this Chinese manufactured virus passes and doesn’t permanently compromise my normally strong immune system, and I can get back to putting two wheels on the pavement. Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Wuhan virus, so my Urban is sitting in the garage as I convalesce . In NY all non-essential business have been shut down, so for the next ? days I will attempt to work from home. Hopefully this Chinese manufactured virus passes and doesn’t permanently compromise my normally strong immune system, and I can get back to putting two wheels on the pavement. Stay safe everyone.
Wow, that descended quick!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am happy that I have food to last me several weeks in storage, and as this out outbreak first showed signs of being a serious situation I ordered three months of survival food. I’m not feeling the death grip but I am definitely weaker and feeling compromised. I will get over this, but I can guarantee that I will never forget it. The times they are a changing.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts