BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well my fellow riders, things here in Dallas just went critical ... the area that is Dallas county just issued a mandatory stay in shelter order for two-million-six-hundred-thousand people ! It’s expected that the whole state will follow suit tomorrow. That will be for a population of over twenty-eight-million-seven-hundred-thousand plus people ordered by law to stay home and off the streets. Nationally the exponential climb in positive tests has risen and doubled every day since last Thursday. From around 10,500 on the 19th to over 41,500 today and if it goes according to predictions should be close to 80,000 tomorrow. Everyone is guessing when the curve will flatten out. Raise your eyes and hearts to the heavens and say prayers for us all. The pandemic is upon us. Be well my friends ..... Blitz

·
Registered
439 Posts
From our latest government announcement I’d take it that riding a motorcycle is not an essential journey (much as we love it though) and obviously with the risk of an accident that could tie up emergency services. And the last place you want to be currently is in a UK hospital because of lack of protection for our NHS staff and testing currently (hopefully soon to change)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I can't imagine how I would feel if I had an accident and started using NHS resources that would be better used elsewhere.
Protect the NHS.
Stay at home.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I can't imagine how I would feel if I had an accident and started using NHS resources that would be better used elsewhere.
Protect the NHS.
Stay at home.
Wow, how often do you guys wreck your bikes ? I’ve had one accident that I didn’t get up and walk away from in 56 years of UpOn2. Go gently, be polite, look both ways you’ll do fine. It’s not an airborne virus so just keep your distance from others. Why can’t a moto be your means to go for food or meds or tolite-paper, you know, essential supplies ? Just be safe, you can do it !

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow, how often do you guys wreck your bikes ? I’ve had one accident that I didn’t get up and walk away from in 56 years of UpOn2. Go gently, be polite, look both ways you’ll do fine. It’s not an airborne virus so just keep your distance from others. Why can’t a moto be your means to go for food or meds or tolite-paper, you know, essential supplies ? Just be safe, you can do it !
In my experience you can never predict when your next one may or may not be. Didn’t crash at all for my first five years of biking, then crashed on the 20th of Feb, May and August (so maybe you can !). I remember walking to work on the 20th November. Would probably use my bike for shopping if I wasn’t buying for Mum, Dad and an elderly neighbour ! Sorely tempted today though as it’s been a beaut of a day.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I have the Wuhan virus, so my Urban is sitting in the garage as I convalesce . In NY all non-essential business have been shut down, so for the next ? days I will attempt to work from home. Hopefully this Chinese manufactured virus passes and doesn’t permanently compromise my normally strong immune system, and I can get back to putting two wheels on the pavement. Stay safe everyone.
Good luck and hope you recover quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
In my experience you can never predict when your next one may or may not be. Didn’t crash at all for my first five years of biking, then crashed on the 20th of Feb, May and August (so maybe you can !). I remember walking to work on the 20th November. Would probably use my bike for shopping if I wasn’t buying for Mum, Dad and an elderly neighbour ! Sorely tempted today though as it’s been a beaut of a day.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve dropped many bikes more than once especially taking a curve and finding something I didn’t anticipate. I’ve also had my fair share of road rash, bruises in dozens of places, bumps and scrapes too, but only one wreck where I had to be transported via emergency vehicle to a hospital because I couldn’t get up and walk away. The issue I was referring to was about unnecessarily using emergency services. My point, if you ride with a focus, thinking clearly about what your doing and you’re a competent rider it’s unlikely you’ll require emergency services any more than an automobile. I have luggage all over my bike so carrying supplies isn’t an issue either. However sacrificing your pleasure by not riding for fear you might overburden the emergency services is noble and I salute you Ian_H and Zanderk. I’ll continue my daily cruz, it’s the therapy that keeps me sane. It stops me thinking about all problems I have and instantly pushes me to focus on nothing but what I’m doing, gracefully mastering the monster I’m sitting on that’s trying to eat me. It works for me. Looks like SDC knows exactly what I mean. Beautiful pictures by the way SDC. See you on the boulevard. I’ll be UpOn2 Blitz

·
Registered
231 Posts
Enjoy your daily cruise.
I don't have a shield of invincibility.
I can't predict the car drivers who say "Sorry Mate I Didn't See You"
Stay lucky.

Ah, the dreaded SMIDSY! It's murder out there...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Enjoy your daily cruise.
I don't have a shield of invincibility.
I can't predict the car drivers who say "Sorry Mate I Didn't See You"
Stay lucky.
Ian, Your right but for me chances are I saw him before he didn’t see me because I’m looking for idiots who aren’t looking for me and I’m prepared to avoid him even if he isn’t prepared to avoid me. I’m watching every car that’s within 100 feet of me coming from any direction they could come. That and I have a very loud frightening horn that I use frequently until I’m certain that everyone who isn’t looking ..sees me. Then there’s no need for apologies, Mate. If you ride in traffic as though you’re surrounded by idiots and morons you’ll live longer. I promise. You have to make SURE they see you not assume they did.
Don’t take anything for granted ... it could get you killed. That my method anyway, developed after hundreds of thousands of miles and over 50 years UpOn2. Be safe, never certain, and alway vigilant. No exceptions ..... Cheer Mate....
Blitz

·
Registered
13 Posts
Came across this song, OTF by Autoerotique & Hunter Siegel.
pogo by digitalism has been in my playlist for years

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ian, Your right but for me chances are I saw him before he didn’t see me because I’m looking for idiots who aren’t looking for me and I’m prepared to avoid him even if he isn’t prepared to avoid me. I’m watching every car that’s within 100 feet of me coming from any direction they could come. That and I have a very loud frightening horn that I use frequently until I’m certain that everyone who isn’t looking ..sees me. Then there’s no need for apologies, Mate. If you ride in traffic as though you’re surrounded by idiots and morons you’ll live longer. I promise. You have to make SURE they see you not assume they did.
Don’t take anything for granted ... it could get you killed. That my method anyway, developed after hundreds of thousands of miles and over 50 years UpOn2. Be safe, never certain, and alway vigilant. No exceptions ..... Cheer Mate....
Blitz
Woah everybody watch out for Mr Badass over here.

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
Here in Oz things are completely mad, despite our 25 million population having recorded (at time of writing) only seven (7) deaths. We have six states and two territories which can largely do their own thing, so lack of coordination and common purpose is rampant. F'rinstance, some states have shut down all schools, others not, while one has left schools open but told parents to keep kids home! Supplies are running low, panic buying of many essentials is still happening, and our political leaders are appearing more and more flustered with each TV appearance to 'reassure' a very nervy population. Personally, I just lost $1599 on a had-to-be-cancelled holiday.. others are losing jobs, incomes, futures, and are much worse off. The world as we knew it will never, ever be the same again. Books will be written about this episode in human history and I cannot wait to read them.
The bureaucrats are running amok on the basis of absolutely no reliable data, imho. The latest study out of Oxford in the UK, not run by global warming alarmists, posits that 50% of the UK population may already be infected. If true, then everything they've been telling us about horrific mortality rates will be rubbish. Might it just be that China's health care system is dilapidated and substandard? Nothing that comes out of that country should be believed, ever. They're lying now about their lack of new cases. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
The bureaucrats are running amok on the basis of absolutely no reliable data, imho. The latest study out of Oxford in the UK, not run by global warming alarmists, posits that 50% of the UK population may already be infected. If true, then everything they've been telling us about horrific mortality rates will be rubbish. Might it just be that China's health care system is dilapidated and substandard? Nothing that comes out of that country should be believed, ever. They're lying now about their lack of new cases. Just my two cents.
BTW, just Google Oxford UK Study or some such and you will find it.

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
Well my fellow riders, things here in Dallas just went critical ... the area that is Dallas county just issued a mandatory stay in shelter order for two-million-six-hundred-thousand people ! It’s expected that the whole state will follow suit tomorrow. That will be for a population of over twenty-eight-million-seven-hundred-thousand plus people ordered by law to stay home and off the streets. Nationally the exponential climb in positive tests has risen and doubled every day since last Thursday. From around 10,500 on the 19th to over 41,500 today and if it goes according to predictions should be close to 80,000 tomorrow. Everyone is guessing when the curve will flatten out. Raise your eyes and hearts to the heavens and say prayers for us all. The pandemic is upon us. Be well my friends ..... Blitz
These increases in positive tests are due to the increase in testing as well as contagion. We have absolutely no idea how much of which factor. None.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Woah everybody watch out for Mr Badass over here.
Oh Vectorbug, this forum is so diverse, everybody knows there’s only room for one badass but don’t you worry my friend, ..there’s always room for another wiseass, welcome aboard mate 😝✌

41 - 60 of 103 Posts