BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
These increases in positive tests are due to the increase in testing as well as contagion. We have absolutely no idea how much of which factor. None.
The next week will tell you which factor is in play Chrshale, and I don’t think we’re going to like what we find. I’m 70 years old and being treated for cancer so when I get it, and I will, it won’t be just a case of sniffles. Good luck to you and yours, I hope you don’t loose someone for whom you care.

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
You don't know that yet. If Oxford University is correct then all bets are off. We will see. And definitive data won't be available for years. Were you aware that the figures for the regular flu are based on algorithms? They are stated and repeated as facts yet they are not. My best friend of over 50 years is also doing chemo right now. Don't give up the ship!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Here is my input on this Covid-19, hoping I won't offend anyone. Having worked in China as an ex-pat for at least 6 years in the past I can tell you that there is a shared responsibility on the Chinese gov't, its citizen and Western coutries.

First: The WHO has repeatedly told China that these wild animal market are just a bad recipe for a virus outbreak. That was 4 years ago. China didn't even consider the guidelines because for them the wild animal market which is worth 75 billions $ annually is way more important.

Second: The first Covid case was reported in November 2019. At that time no one knew what the heik was that pulmonary disease. When the famous Wuhan doctor rang the alarm in December that there is a high contagious virus in Wuhan, The central Gov't (Beijing) has sent the cops on this doctor to shut him up and labeled him a conspiracy theorist. FYI this doctor died a couple of weeks ago from Covid-19. He is a National hero over there but the local controlled news media don't even bother talking about him.

Third: China knew about the problem for at least 6 weeks but decided to only report that there is epidemic on December 31...go figure.

Fourth: When China decided to contain the virus, it did that very well because it is an AUTHORITARIAN Gov't...it has all the power it wants and can create all the laws that wants in a blink of an eye...you canno't and will never have that kind of authority and civilian response in a Democracy or any kind of Republic.
The only 2 countries that managed just close enough to implement any crisis pandemic response are Japan and South Korea.

Fifth: I am willing to bet everything that at least 30-40% of world population already had Covid-19 but thought it was the cold or flu. In Canada per instance, everyone got the cold/flu in February...and I mean everyone!

Sixth: The crisis response from European and North American countries are just a true joke. They knew there was a virus spreading from DECEMBER 2019. They had intelligence but just chose to do nothing until crisis hit the fan.

Seventh: When the crisis hit the fan in Italy, this is when all other countries freaked out...again being reactive instead of proactive just shows you the level of competence our leaders have.

Eight: I think that best course of action NOW is to quanrantine people who are over 60's and everyone else who has pre-existing condition. Let everyone else go to work...for everyone else it is only a flu symptom. And again I think a big chunk of world population already had it.

Nine: There should be a worldwide urgency of developing a test that see if you have the antibodies of Covid-19...meaning if you already got it or not....if you already got it then you should receive a green badge medalion that you wear on yourself. This badge is a visual indication that you are not a threat...you can then go to work and continue your life.

Tenth: Halting the economy to contain the virus is a great idea. I don't mind staying at home if all my payments obligation are halted. Since we all live in wonderland, we all know that whatever the Gov't gives you as emergency fund doesn't even cover all your obligation. And halting the global economy to a point where it will become worst than any other recession will create more death and damages to people than the virus itself....think about bankruptcy, suicide, robbery, social unrest...etc..

Eleven: I really hope that we learn something from this pandemic when all is finished. Remember that Covid-19 is a small cute virus killing only 1% of infected. Can you imagine if it was 50% death rate? This is and should be a wake up call for everyone. We are not prepared, mentally, financially, globally to any mother nature kick in the ass. Pandemics are a recurring phenomenon. We will never get rid of them. The only thing we can do is to be better prepared for the next one.

You might not agree with all I said.
Don't take me seriously.
Peace and love for everyone.
Be safe and be strong!
We will get through this!

·
Registered
610 Posts
The next week will tell you which factor is in play Chrshale, and I don’t think we’re going to like what we find. I’m 70 years old and being treated for cancer so when I get it, and I will, it won’t be just a case of sniffles. Good luck to you and yours, I hope you don’t loose someone for whom you care.
Chrshale ... it’s close to midnight Wednesday 25 and the death toll in the USA is 946 in 7 days. That’s not about tests or volume increases in tests that’s deaths in 7 days and we are at least a week out, probably longer on seeing the curve flatten. Good luck one and all ! ...It’s a good time to be young. StayUpOn2 two legs if not two wheels ...

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
I'm your age, and the death toll so far this year from regular flu is now 23,000. Just a little perspective is a good thing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I work in plant pathology dealing mainly with pathogenic fungi on grass, rarely bacteria but never a virus. I just know to quote a slightly amended line from 'The Martian', we just have to "science the f**k out of this thing " :) I'm also an optimist in that we will. This situation is bringing the best and worst behaviour out of countries and populations alike. I was so so tempted to take the bike out yesterday particularly in light of a crap forecast from the weekend on, but I also have to think about the people that rely on me. No rights or wrongs here, everybody's situation is different. I look forward to riding on grippy tarmac with the warm sun on my back hopefully sometime this year. Stay safe, sane and healthy everyone !

·
Registered
45 Posts
As a Chinese, I am so disappointed that even on this forum some owners I respected posted biased, political and unproven arguments. I am not intended to argue or fight anyone or anything for some virus which has so many things/information are unknown to humans. Because I know it is so hard to convince anyone on the internet nowadays, even we can access much more info compared with decades ago. Anyway, I think this discussion topic is about motorcycle or life, right?

No matter you disagree or agree with me, or even hate us, please stay safe and healthy.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Here is my input on this Covid-19, hoping I won't offend anyone. Having worked in China as an ex-pat for at least 6 years in the past I can tell you that there is a shared responsibility on the Chinese gov't, its citizen and Western coutries.

First: The WHO has repeatedly told China that these wild animal market are just a bad recipe for a virus outbreak. That was 4 years ago. China didn't even consider the guidelines because for them the wild animal market which is worth 75 billions $ annually is way more important.

Second: The first Covid case was reported in November 2019. At that time no one knew what the heik was that pulmonary disease. When the famous Wuhan doctor rang the alarm in December that there is a high contagious virus in Wuhan, The central Gov't (Beijing) has sent the cops on this doctor to shut him up and labeled him a conspiracy theorist. FYI this doctor died a couple of weeks ago from Covid-19. He is a National hero over there but the local controlled news media don't even bother talking about him.

Third: China knew about the problem for at least 6 weeks but decided to only report that there is epidemic on December 31...go figure.

Fourth: When China decided to contain the virus, it did that very well because it is an AUTHORITARIAN Gov't...it has all the power it wants and can create all the laws that wants in a blink of an eye...you canno't and will never have that kind of authority and civilian response in a Democracy or any kind of Republic.
The only 2 countries that managed just close enough to implement any crisis pandemic response are Japan and South Korea.

Fifth: I am willing to bet everything that at least 30-40% of world population already had Covid-19 but thought it was the cold or flu. In Canada per instance, everyone got the cold/flu in February...and I mean everyone!

Sixth: The crisis response from European and North American countries are just a true joke. They knew there was a virus spreading from DECEMBER 2019. They had intelligence but just chose to do nothing until crisis hit the fan.

Seventh: When the crisis hit the fan in Italy, this is when all other countries freaked out...again being reactive instead of proactive just shows you the level of competence our leaders have.

Eight: I think that best course of action NOW is to quanrantine people who are over 60's and everyone else who has pre-existing condition. Let everyone else go to work...for everyone else it is only a flu symptom. And again I think a big chunk of world population already had it.

Nine: There should be a worldwide urgency of developing a test that see if you have the antibodies of Covid-19...meaning if you already got it or not....if you already got it then you should receive a green badge medalion that you wear on yourself. This badge is a visual indication that you are not a threat...you can then go to work and continue your life.

Tenth: Halting the economy to contain the virus is a great idea. I don't mind staying at home if all my payments obligation are halted. Since we all live in wonderland, we all know that whatever the Gov't gives you as emergency fund doesn't even cover all your obligation. And halting the global economy to a point where it will become worst than any other recession will create more death and damages to people than the virus itself....think about bankruptcy, suicide, robbery, social unrest...etc..

Eleven: I really hope that we learn something from this pandemic when all is finished. Remember that Covid-19 is a small cute virus killing only 1% of infected. Can you imagine if it was 50% death rate? This is and should be a wake up call for everyone. We are not prepared, mentally, financially, globally to any mother nature kick in the ass. Pandemics are a recurring phenomenon. We will never get rid of them. The only thing we can do is to be better prepared for the next one.

You might not agree with all I said.
Don't take me seriously.
Peace and love for everyone.
Be safe and be strong!
We will get through this!
Your #5 and #7 seem to be contradictory. You can’t have everyone in Canada infected in Feb and no deaths and then see the death toll in Italy and now the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
Your #5 and #7 seem to be contradictory. You can’t have everyone in Canada infected in Feb and no deaths and then see the death toll in Italy and now the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. This study from Oxford posits that as much as half of the UK has already been exposed...https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/oxford-study-coronavirus-may-have-infected-half-of-u-k.html. If they are correct, and we don't know if they are, then Manyakus is correct in his assumption. We simply don't know. Italy's health care system was under strain long before this virus. In the US around 1000 people have died in a nation of 33 million people. But 23,000 have died in the US from this season's flu. We simply have no idea how many people have already been exposed. No one is testing for that. All we have are cases where people who are already substantially ill have tested positive. Testing is only offered in the US if you meet the illness criteria. China is simply lying about there being no new cases. If the world had reliable data from them we would have a far better idea.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As a Chinese, I am so disappointed that even on this forum some owners I respected posted biased, political and unproven arguments. I am not intended to argue or fight anyone or anything for some virus which has so many things/information are unknown to humans. Because I know it is so hard to convince anyone on the internet nowadays, even we can access much more info compared with decades ago. Anyway, I think this discussion topic is about motorcycle or life, right?

No matter you disagree or agree with me, or even hate us, please stay safe and healthy.
Well said. Thank you.

We want there to be answers and someone to blame. But that’s not how life works in so many cases.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

Dear enzowhatever

My apologies if I offended you...it wasn't my intention.
One thing for sure : A lot of death could have been prevented.

Peace and Love for everyone ☮

·
Registered
610 Posts

I’m so sick of the race card .... put it back at the bottom of the deck where it belongs !
No need to throw your self on your sword again enzowhatever, no one is accusing you of anything. Rather they are disturbed with the sometimes erratic behavior of a government. It’s completely irrelevant that they are of one race or another ...or that you are of one race or another for that matter. What‘s relevant is that the Covid 19 virus was purportedly reported in a delinquent manner to the rest of the world. What’s relevant is that the first reports of the virus came from a particular country, it’s not relevant that it’s a nation you identify with. The problems occurred because corrupt government officials of whatever race withheld important information, not that they are ..or are not ..a particular race. No body hates you or your race. Their disappointed in the bad behavior of a government..and the decisions they made, not in any particular race. That nations exotic diet and the negligent behavior of vendors who sold contaminated animal meat for consumption are the problem, not their race. They weren’t practicing basic principals of cleanliness recognized by most civilized nations for fear it might effect profits, some particularly large profits I understand, their race is irrelevant. Now as a result of that nation’s behavior ...ALL the nations of the WORLD are suffering. Many many many people of ALL races are going to die, regardless of their race or ethnicity or skin color or political affiliation or religion. So you can untie yourself from the whipping post Enzo and drop the guilt trip. I don’t care what your race is ..I’m angry with a government who made poor decisions influenced by profit and not the well being of Mankind ! I think that’s reason enough to be pissed off, it’s got nothing to do with you or their race. Let it go enzowhatever, there are stupid and corrupt people in every race, in every government, in every nation. Just say some prayers for those who will lose friends, relatives and loved ones ........regardless of their race.
The only race that counts is when you on your 9T up against some other bike, of whatever brand or “race”. I hope I live long enough to “race” again. I hope all of you do, ...regardless of race.......Good luck to all you “old” bikers ....I’d rather die in a fiery crash than by some damn stupid flu........ StayUpOn2 Blitz

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have the Wuhan virus, so my Urban is sitting in the garage as I convalesce . In NY all non-essential business have been shut down, so for the next ? days I will attempt to work from home. Hopefully this Chinese manufactured virus passes and doesn’t permanently compromise my normally strong immune system, and I can get back to putting two wheels on the pavement. Stay safe everyone.
How are you doing OldOwl ? ...I hope it’s not banging on you too hard. Keep a good diet going and rest well. You’ll get through this. I’m keeping you in my prayers my friend. Best wishes to you and yours. Blitz

·
Registered
168 Posts
I’m so sick of the race card .... put it back at the bottom of the deck where it belongs !
No need to throw your self on your sword again enzowhatever, no one is accusing you of anything. Rather they are disturbed with the sometimes erratic behavior of a government. It’s completely irrelevant that they are of one race or another ...or that you are of one race or another for that matter. What‘s relevant is that the Covid 19 virus was purportedly reported in a delinquent manner to the rest of the world. What’s relevant is that the first reports of the virus came from a particular country, it’s not relevant that it’s a nation you identify with. The problems occurred because corrupt government officials of whatever race withheld important information, not that they are ..or are not ..a particular race. No body hates you or your race. Their disappointed in the bad behavior of a government..and the decisions they made, not in any particular race. That nations exotic diet and the negligent behavior of vendors who sold contaminated animal meat for consumption are the problem, not their race. They weren’t practicing basic principals of cleanliness recognized by most civilized nations for fear it might effect profits, some particularly large profits I understand, their race is irrelevant. Now as a result of that nation’s behavior ...ALL the nations of the WORLD are suffering. Many many many people of ALL races are going to die, regardless of their race or ethnicity or skin color or political affiliation or religion. So you can untie yourself from the whipping post Enzo and drop the guilt trip. I don’t care what your race is ..I’m angry with a government who made poor decisions influenced by profit and not the well being of Mankind ! I think that’s reason enough to be pissed off, it’s got nothing to do with you or their race. Let it go enzowhatever, there are stupid and corrupt people in every race, in every government, in every nation. Just say some prayers for those who will lose friends, relatives and loved ones ........regardless of their race.
The only race that counts is when you on your 9T up against some other bike, of whatever brand or “race”. I hope I live long enough to “race” again. I hope all of you do, ...regardless of race.......Good luck to all you “old” bikers ....I’d rather die in a fiery crash than by some damn stupid flu........ StayUpOn2 Blitz
Can we assume you are as angry at Trump with his preposterous incompetence and deceit, and, of course, his playing of the “race card”?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dear enzowhatever

My apologies if I offended you...it wasn't my intention.
One thing for sure : A lot of death could have been prevented.

Peace and Love for everyone ☮
I actually agreed most of your points, and I really appreciated you called it COIVD-19 instead of some other nick names.
I do not agree some of your opinions, but I am not going to argue with you and totally respect your right to express your opinions. If you think Im playing race card here, then we have misunderstanding already.
One thing for sure: If everyone can have a similar understanding as you do THAT Virus does not discriminate , then I think we all can unite together and defect this virus.
I am sorry to see people on this forum got the virus, I hope he can recover soon.

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
50 Posts
He played no race card. Chinese wet markets have been the source of virus epidemics for over a century. H1n1 originated there in 1917 too, not in Spain. The CCP lied about the extent of the virus. They lied to WHO about the communicability of the disease. Then Xi announced they had "conquered" the virus. He says there are no new cases in a land of billions. If we had honest data from that regime we wouldn't be flying blind right now. Trump announced a travel ban with China and you called him a racist. You would blame Trump regardless of what he does. Orange man bad! You can't seem to help yourself. Brilliant. Do you want to discuss the other candidates here? Save your attacks on Trump for another forum.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Can we assume you are as angry at Trump with his preposterous incompetence and deceit, and, of course, his playing of the “race card”?
NO .... I won’t play the political card either. Now is not the time to point fingers, some of my friends are sick and some will die and I won’t be there to even hold their hand, more will follow no doubt. It’s time to understand that philosophy is the most ridiculous principal to fight over that man has ever invented ..be it political, religious or style of government. It about the way men think ... who do you think taught you to think the way you do ? Do you really think it was you ? Bias, prejudice, hate and fear are taught, at best it’s inherited ... but ... it’s not genetic. Teach your children well ... this virus cares not what your politics are ... frankly neither do I. Does it actually matter to you if the people sick and dying are left or right. The entire Washington structure both left and right is kabuki theater. None of it is real, it’s put on for the entertainment of the masses, and right now I don’t find it very entertaining. This is not about men .. this is about mankind. Stay focused. This is textbook math and the numbers are far from peaking out. The last of April and the beginning of May will hold how much damage was done. When we’ve said our good-byes and buried our dead there’ll be plenty of time for politics. ✌Blitz

·
Registered
168 Posts
NO .... I won’t play the political card either. Now is not the time to point fingers, some of my friends are sick and some will die and I won’t be there to even hold their hand, more will follow no doubt. It’s time to understand that philosophy is the most ridiculous principal to fight over that man has ever invented ..be it political, religious or style of government. It about the way men think ... who do you think taught you to think the way you do ? Do you really think it was you ? Bias, prejudice, hate and fear are taught, at best it’s inherited ... but ... it’s not genetic. Teach your children well ... this virus cares not what your politics are ... frankly neither do I. Does it actually matter to you if the people sick and dying are left or right. The entire Washington structure both left and right is kabuki theater. None of it is real, it’s put on for the entertainment of the masses, and right now I don’t find it very entertaining. This is not about men .. this is about mankind. Stay focused. This is textbook math and the numbers are far from peaking out. The last of April and the beginning of May will hold how much damage was done. When we’ve said our good-byes and buried our dead there’ll be plenty of time for politics. Blitz
What the **** are you on about?

You go off on the guy for making a very polite request and observation. And now you're going off at me. I humbly suggest you figure out who or what you're really angry at. These are strange times.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts