BMW NineT Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Back to covid19 - I had an overnight e-mail from my sister living in London that our cousin has died from this illness. He was 81 - we must have been born within a few months of each other I guess as I'm 80.5.

He was, apparently, supremely fit. It's getting closer...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oh Lawrence man I’m sad to hear that. Keep your head down buddy. I turn 71 in a couple of months. The shelter at home orders still stand and won’t be lifted until 15 of May here in Dallas but I can feel the rhythm of the city has already begun to pick up. More traffic is noticeable. Last report I heard about Dallas hospitals says no one needing a respirator has been denied. The hospitals are not at full capacity. If you get feeling bad you pack up and head for hospital mate. Don’t take any chances. Watch your fever, that’s the first outwardly symptom. I’m sad for your loss Lawrence, I’ve lost two mates so far. Both old like me and with other medical issues too. My heart goes out to you.......Blitz

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,963 Posts
That’s real bad news Lawrence. My condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was out today, first time in about five weeks, which has at times seemed like five years! Many, many bikes out, many giving a delighted 'thumbs-up' as they passed others, all thrilled to be free. In fact, one guy was so blown away he forgot to ATGATT and was decked-out in tee-shirt, shorts, and soft runners - plus helmet and gloves!

Nice weather, sunny and bright and about 22 deg C, though a bit blustery and chill out of the sun thanks to an unseasonably early Antarctic blast working its way up the east coast.

Being retired, I am already planning some more outings this week so as to get myself match-fit again after a long layoff.

P1060678.JPG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Way to go, L of S! I also took a ride yesterday, in iffy weather, but I could not resist. It's amazing how a simple ride can take my mind off this mess, and bring me to better places (physically and mentally). I hope the ride gave you some peace of mid as well, even if temporary!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was out today, first time in about five weeks, which has at times seemed like five years! Many, many bikes out, many giving a delighted 'thumbs-up' as they passed others, all thrilled to be free. In fact, one guy was so blown away he forgot to ATGATT and was decked-out in tee-shirt, shorts, and soft runners - plus helmet and gloves!

Nice weather, sunny and bright and about 22 deg C, though a bit blustery and chill out of the sun thanks to an unseasonably early Antarctic blast working its way up the east coast.

Being retired, I am already planning some more outings this week so as to get myself match-fit again after a long layoff.

P1060678.JPG
Good to see you UpOn2 Lawrence. Does my heart good. Enjoy my friend, in my mind I’m right there with you. Ride safely in traffic, otherwise get crazy ! .....Blitz

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good to see you UpOn2 Lawrence. Does my heart good. Enjoy my friend, in my mind I’m right there with you. Ride safely in traffic, otherwise get crazy ! .....Blitz
Go crazy, yes but mind the cops. Most roads are wide open and really tempting these days, and the police/state patrol know it! Stay safe y'all!

·
Registered
42 Posts
IMO lockdowns are a temporary health relief and an economic disaster. Sweden's strategy appears to be the way to go. This is what that country is doing:

"be free from the gravity of expectation"
It’s quite relaxed here in Sweden. But People are starting to ignore the recommendations with social distansing and everything now. We also have a high death ratio if you look to the population. I think time will tell who made the right choices. But I’m glad we did not lock down.
Br,
Martin

121 - 133 of 133 Posts