BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put Motoguard Crash Bars from Motea.com, which is in Germany. Great quality, perfect fit and easy installation. I'm happy with these.
Hi.
I have just bought a set of the same Motoguard Crash Bars from Motea.com. Agree, they look to be excellent quality.

Being a complete novice to fitting anything like this, and you mentioning they are easy to install. Would you be able to provide a run through of how to install them please? I have seen the instructions they came with, but these seem very limited (for me at least!). The first hurdle is what I need to undo and take out from my bike's setup to get the big screw thread through the frame. Looks like I have to take some pieces out, but fearful I may end up dismantling something I shouldn't and dropping the engine out as a result! :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
I went with the Puig on my '21 scrambler..... experience is the same as post 5.... used a few washers to get the clearance I was happy with. Mine were only $330 aussie.... I liked the extra bar protection at the head these provided.

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
Hi.
I have just bought a set of the same Motoguard Crash Bars from Motea.com. Agree, they look to be excellent quality.

Being a complete novice to fitting anything like this, and you mentioning they are easy to install. Would you be able to provide a run through of how to install them please? I have seen the instructions they came with, but these seem very limited (for me at least!). The first hurdle is what I need to undo and take out from my bike's setup to get the big screw thread through the frame. Looks like I have to take some pieces out, but fearful I may end up dismantling something I shouldn't and dropping the engine out as a result! :)

Thanks in advance
Do the long screw first.... then only undo the bolts from there on "one side at a time" and fit that side bar only.... then do the other side.... I supported the engine sump with a trolly jack to reduce the fear factor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do the long screw first.... then only undo the bolts from there on "one side at a time" and fit that side bar only.... then do the other side.... I supported the engine sump with a trolly jack to reduce the fear factor.
Excellent. Thank you!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts