BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Wunderlich cruise control

So I've been testing it a bit and it's fine for long, flat straight stretches of freeway, but not much else. It's fiddly to operate and of course doesn't keep your speed unless you tighten the knob quite tight and are on a flat road.

Works fine for what I bought it for, resting my right hand for a few moments on long rides. Better value for money would probably be a cramp buster instead.

Looks good though... Think if it as a nice set of bar ends with a handy feature...

Looks very nice.

I've had good success with my Go Cruise 2. They are about $20, solid aluminium. The picture makes it stand out a bit but in the real world you don't really notice it. Like your experience it's good for short periods to stretch your hand but not the same as a real cruise control to hold a set speed. It's also super easy to use. Just finger pressure on it to set, and roll off the throttle to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks very nice.

I've had good success with my Go Cruise 2. They are about $20, solid aluminium. The picture makes it stand out a bit but in the real world you don't really notice it. Like your experience it's good for short periods to stretch your hand but not the same as a real cruise control to hold a set speed. It's also super easy to use. Just finger pressure on it to set, and roll off the throttle to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i probably should have gotten one of them. i like how braking cancels the throttle lock.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Having had a Kaoko bar end cruise control similar to the Wunderlich one, +1 for the Go Cruise - works fine and less fiddly. My Kaoko eventually seized up because I used it so little.

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Loved the Atlas throttle lock +1

But, it would hit the tank with my new bars
I was lucky and the lower/narrower Rizoma Handlebars on my bike gave JUST enough clearance with the Atlas. It's a great throttle lock, and IMO is easier to operate than the bar-end friction locks.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I was lucky and the lower/narrower Rizoma Handlebars on my bike gave JUST enough clearance with the Atlas. It's a great throttle lock, and IMO is easier to operate than the bar-end friction locks.
Agreed. By far the best and I have one on each of my bikes!

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Member @asparaguspee installed one, have a read through the posts above.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the look of the Wonderlich, however, they themselves state that it does not integrate with the BMW grip guards. I have a UGS so I’d have to guess they mean the guards my bike came with. The Atlas on the other hand looks like an acceptable alternative.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve ordered the Atlas...seems a bit expensive, but if it does the job (Looks like it will suit me)
I’ll be happy with the price.
Regards,Ken.
PS. If I don’t like it, there’ll be one in classifieds going cheap!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone fitted an Atlas Throttle Lock to their Pure?
Received mine today and even with the thinnest friction pads in, it was still too tight.
Having said that, not sure that the kit contained all the pads it should have.
There were 4 pads total.
Regards,Ken.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone fitted an Atlas Throttle Lock to their Pure?
Received mine today and even with the thinnest friction pads in, it was still too tight.
Having said that, not sure that the kit contained all the pads it should have.
There were 4 pads total.
Regards,Ken.
I had the same problem. Could not use. Scratched it up trying to get it to work so threw it in the cabinet with some other farkle failures and bought a Kyoto lock which works good with my bark buster handguards.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts