BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 R9T Pure
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiencing issues with 2021 cruise control? It seems extremely sensitive to any movement by the throttle grip, both when attempting to set it and once set, it turns off with any at-speed vibration.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
101 Posts
Yep, mine works literally 20% of the time. Hit any kind of bump, and it drops out, which is dangerous if youve got your hand off tha bars (I get numb hands and love cruise control for that). Glad you posted, as soon as I have time I’ll be taking mine in to get sorted.

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Scrambler 2021
66 Posts
I haven't used it on mine, but will try it this evening and report back. I never thought I would use it since I don't go on long rides, but I certainly don't want it to be defective and not address it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure this is helpful but I haven't had a single issue with the cruise and I have used it on every single ride.

I did not know about twisting the throttle forward, is it supposed to do that?

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
I always say “No cruise. No control. No problem!”

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
635 Posts
Normally cruise control switches off when slowing down, either brake or throttle... but should return to the set speed if you accelerate....

·
Registered
13 Posts
This morning I was riding to work and my cruise control wouldn't come on. After about 30 minutes of frustration I got it on and it shut off. I began to think about what causes it to turn off and thought of the brake levers. I checked my hand lever and it was good. I looked down and noticed the toe of my boot was touching the rear brake lever. I moved my foot and no more issues for the rest of the ride. I ride in Klim adventure boots which are bulky. I think my toe must have been touching the rear brake lever without me feeling it. I'll test out the theory over the next week and post my findings.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This morning I was riding to work and my cruise control wouldn't come on. After about 30 minutes of frustration I got it on and it shut off. I began to think about what causes it to turn off and thought of the brake levers. I checked my hand lever and it was good. I looked down and noticed the toe of my boot was touching the rear brake lever. I moved my foot and no more issues for the rest of the ride. I ride in Klim adventure boots which are bulky. I think my toe must have been touching the rear brake lever without me feeling it. I'll test out the theory over the next week and post my findings.
You've already found the problem, don't worry about ongoing theory testing. See post #12 in this thread, many others have done it for you. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts