BMW NineT Forum banner

221 - 240 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2018 UGS and the Cyclops just through a code. I put in the led running lamp too. Gotta say I’m not too happy about this.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
So glad I saw your post Athol Hill. I've used the cyclops on a past f700 GS with no issues so relieved to here that without the running light LED it works. I bought the running light when I bought the main bulb but will hold off on installing thr running light till I see more comments. Hopefully we will have some warmer weather in the next few days to install and get back with you folks. I have almost 11000 miles on oem bulb so probably getting close. I couldn't get 4-5x on regular bulbs on my 700 GS which is why I went with Cyclops back then and have used them ever since.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It’s supposed to be 50 degrees in NY on my day off this week. So Sunday morning I’ll switch back to the stock running lamp and take a quick rip about. I’ll get back to let you all know the outcome... Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
So I installed my cyclops today but not the parking lot LED. No fault codes in thirty mile test ride so feel good about it. Will wait to hear from old owl to see if removing his LED running light solves the code thrown issue. Will make a night ride tonight to see how much better lighting I increase and to see if they need adjusting down.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Forgot to ask.... The rubber sock around the oem bulb could not be fitted back over the cyclops without major surgery so I just left it off. Been through some pretty good rain in the last 8000 miles that I've had her and didn't notice any water or mud residue in the lamp bucket so I believe I can run without it. Has anyone have a tip or two how to fit the boot or any experience without it?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Forgot to ask.... The rubber sock around the oem bulb could not be fitted back over the cyclops without major surgery so I just left it off. Been through some pretty good rain in the last 8000 miles that I've had her and didn't notice any water or mud residue in the lamp bucket so I believe I can run without it. Has anyone have a tip or two how to fit the boot or any experience without it?
I managed to fit mine with the rubber sock a little squashed. I’ve heard of people removing it without problem.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I go as removed and see how long she runs. I took her out for a night ride and can't say they are much better than OEM at th 's point. Will redirect the headlamp a little lower to morro w to see if that helps but other than having longevity over oem style h-4 bulbs, not much light gain

·
Registered
124 Posts
So, as it goes I couldn’t tend to the bike on Sunday, but on Tuesday I managed a few moments to sneak away and get to my turban. I changed the little driving bulb back to stock and the warning ⚠ lamp is off. I will say this, when one has the Wunderlich windshield on the Urban it makes it p.i.t.a to get the cowl back on, the bottom clips can’t get the proper angle to properly fit back in their little slots. One must forcefully caress it back into the freekin slot.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Thanks for the response. Think I'll write cyclops to let them know for future r ninr t customers to identify that the parking light throws a code. I've found their customer service to be first rate and think they will appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Old Owl, I did contact Cyclops to let them know of the issue concerning their LED running light and they were very welcoming of the information. Great folks to work with and took serious our findings on the application of their product. He did offer a refund but the cost was so minimal that I did not see the need.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Old Owl, I did contact Cyclops to let them know of the issue concerning their LED running light and they were very welcoming of the information. Great folks to work with and took serious our findings on the application of their product. He did offer a refund but the cost was so minimal that I did not see the need.
I don’t care about the few dollars spent, it would’ve been nice to have the led running lamp to match the cyclops color output. However, I don’t think I want to hack into the harness to adapt the load to make it work. I’ll make do for now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Update:

It was above 50 degrees Fahrenheit in NY today where I live, just north of NYC, and I went out for a couple of hours today for a ride. I am sad to say that the light bulb error code has popped up again. It looks like the stock bulb will be going back in and the Cyclops will be put up for sale. It isn’t compatible with the 2018 R9t Urban. Oh well,

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Interesting. Did you remove the parking light bulb? I haven't had any issues with the cyclops headlamp bulb, but I didn't install the parking light bulb. Have you by chance changed anything else like rear flashers or taillight with a LED light? I had installed the Admore brake light but finally removed it because it was throwing the lamp code.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Interesting. Did you remove the parking light bulb? I haven't had any issues with the cyclops headlamp bulb, but I didn't install the parking light bulb. Have you by chance changed anything else like rear flashers or taillight with a LED light? I had installed the Admore brake light but finally removed it because it was throwing the lamp code.
I did remove the led parking lamp that I had in there. The warning code went off, but I didn’t take the bike for a ride, just started it up. Yesterday, (Sunday), I went out for a proper ride and only a few minutes into the ride the bulb warning popped back on. I‘ll put the stock bulb back in and see what happens. I’ll post back what happens.

·
Registered
67 Posts
2019 Scrambler here, I have had the Cyclops H4 LED in for 2 months and this week it started throwing a code and the headlight shuts off. Still have running light and high beams working fine when this happens.

I've unplugged and replugged the Cyclops back in and it has fixed itself both times. Any idea what the issue is? Could be intermittent fault in the wiring?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put back in the stock bulb and the issue is gone. I would’ve like to keep the Cyclops bulb, but who wants to deal with error codes. I for one will not splice in to the harness to add this option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys,
I purchased the Cyclops H4 Hi/Lo bulbs and now attempting to install and replace the OEM bulbs. I cant seem to find either a video or pics of this type of install. Can any pne point me towards one if there is a video guide.
I have tried cyclops website or searched tirelessly (get it) but was not able to find one. Am I the first one replacing both those bulbs?
Help needed from my fellow Arrr-9ers!

·
Administrator
12,415 Posts
Hi @Chacho9T , there's actually a cyclops thread on the forum so I've moved your post here. Have a read through it, but make sure you're sitting comfortably first = it's a longggggg read! There are a few helpful hints there that I found useful when I had a cyclops H4 bulb to install. Most helpful hint was to leave the rubber boot off but I dunno if that's still a factor nowadays with the latest versions of the bulb.There might be a link to a video in there somewhere but I can't remember seeing any... If not perhaps a helpful member that has come across such will help you out.

If you still need some help after looking through this thread, please submit a follow-up post here. :)

Reactions: Chacho9T

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi @Chacho9T , there's actually a cyclops thread on the forum so I've moved your post here. Have a read through it, but make sure you're sitting comfortably first = it's a longggggg read! There are a few helpful hints there that I found useful when I had a cyclops H4 bulb to install. Most helpful hint was to leave the rubber boot off but I dunno if that's still a factor nowadays with the latest versions of the bulb.There might be a link to a video in there somewhere but I can't remember seeing any... If not perhaps a helpful member that has come across such will help you out.

If you still need some help after looking through this thread, please submit a follow-up post here. :)
Thanks @BaldyDave you are not kidding! it sure is looooong. luckily half way through i got the idea and tried that to install the H4 Led bulb. It worked. Problem is that now I don’t know how to replace the smaller bulb. i believe i have to do some cutting and splicing

221 - 240 of 277 Posts