BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
On the earlier Airhead bikes the footpegs are also mis-aligned so that the gap between them and the cylinder head looks the same on both sides :geek:
That is really interesting @sizzlingbadger… now I’m going to be looking for all kinds of symmetry and proportional adjustments ….. I’m plagued with visual balance issues … can’t stand a crooked picture hung on the wall, drives me crazy. Many moons ago I built a couple of rear hanger VW Trikes but never liked the weight of the engine behind the rear tires. It forced me to extend the front forks out further than I like. I wonder what a four cylinder Boxer would look like, double the current displacement to 2,400cc, 200+ horse power. I don’t like look of the R-18 but I do like the power. Now I’m going to be spending hours at the computer manipulating pictures on photo shop … A BMWFourBangerBoxerConcept ……….Blitz

Reactions: GTMartin

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
228 Posts
That is really interesting @sizzlingbadger… now I’m going to be looking for all kinds of symmetry and proportional adjustments ….. I’m plagued with visual balance issues … can’t stand a crooked picture hung on the wall, drives me crazy. Many moons ago I built a couple of rear hanger VW Trikes but never liked the weight of the engine behind the rear tires. It forced me to extend the front forks out further than I like. I wonder what a four cylinder Boxer would look like, double the current displacement to 2,400cc, 200+ horse power. I don’t like look of the R-18 but I do like the power. Now I’m going to be spending hours at the computer manipulating pictures on photo shop … A BMWFourBangerBoxerConcept ……….Blitz
Hey Blitz my friend, let me save you some trouble on the computer... I think the bike you just described would probably look something like this...

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Of course it wouldn't have 200 hp, but it would run forever...if you could stand living with it that long. :ROFLMAO:

~Bean

• Haha
Reactions: Bobber101

·
Registered
22 Cosmic Scrambler (K23)
109 Posts
I understand those are pretty easy to live with for most people. But for the type of riding Blitz appreciates..... ehhhhhh maybe not so much hahahahahahaha.

Though it has always been impressive what Japan can do with engine output. 1980, 9.2:1, 81hp and 65lbft from a 1085cc flat four, SOHC which still got 40mpg.

Of course, at the same time they were counting on two 232mm front discs to stop a 764lb beast in a 12.9s quarter mile.

Similarly, 1982 Yamaha. 650cc, 2V, I4, 9.2:1, 71hp and 42lbft. Single 250mm disc and angular mounted single-bolt caliper to stop a 490lb bike that can do a 12.6s 1/4 mile. I think all the MPG numbers from the time are bunk though. Saying that 650 can do 47mpg when I saw on average 37-40.

New bikes are so much safer, even if they are not symmetrical.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I know just what you mean Baloo …..
Were you angry at Steve because she kept calling you Alice, or was it the dress she made you wear to school? My Mom “Jack” wouldn’t buy me a pack to carry my books to school but she did give me a
hand-me-down purse …but I hate Pink … it doesn’t go with my blue eye shadow AT ALL !…….Blitz🫤
After seeing a pic of the pants you were wearing I’m somewhat shocked you don’t like Pink.

Reactions: BlitzSchnell

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
After seeing a pic of the pants you were wearing I’m somewhat shocked you don’t like Pink.
Oh … I didn’t mean to mislead you @BMWMG …. I LOVE pink, but only after 6 with tie & tails ! Otherwise it’s just to too ….. well you know …. Toooo. 😂😁🤣😅 ….and I love green and pink only goes well with blue.
BeWell MG …… RegardsMate ….. Blitz

41 - 46 of 46 Posts