BMW NineT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2021 R Nine T
94 Posts
Hi:

I had the same question once and here's what I found:

Both have integrated turn signals in the LED strip, however the classic has a wider strip and can be more visible from the sides if you don't intend to add adittional turn signals for better visibility. However, some countries might enforce certain rules about the turn signals location, space between them and other stuff so better check that.

Here nobody cares about it so I went with the classic kit and love the clean look. Also, I think the integrated turn signals are bright and clear enough with the classic kit.

One important thing to know is that the Classic kit, since it's wider, will not allow the use of the BMW/SW Motech SLC side carriers unless you make some mods to it, which I did (on the right side) and it works great. Just be prepared to cut, grind and file quite a bit since it's a very sturdy aluminum piece. The left side has the cable for the led strip so it will require extra care when cutting if you want to use those brackets on both sides. You might not have this issue with other luggage brands or bracket systems.

The Classic is more expensive but if you don't add extra turn signals you might compensate the cost a bit.

Here are a couple of pics:

Cloud Wheel Plant Tire Sky

Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @Nomad. .

I do have the SW motech side bag on the right side and need to see about the mod it will need.

but thanks again for your inputs. Your bike looks great.

Thanks,
Sid

· Registered
300 Posts
@N0mad described it very well so nothing much to add, except the Minima, which I have on a Racer, is selectable with and without the indicator option.

I opted for tail/stop light only as we have spacing regulations on indicators.

The Minima is still plenty visible, although overall less so, especially at the sides as pointed out.

The kit can be supplied with optional indicators, but if not it still comes with mounts for aftermarket indicators of your choosing.

Another choice might be to add indicators that also incoporate stop lights.

As an aside the bottom picture is sweeeet N0mad

· Registered
2021 R Nine T
94 Posts
Thanks @Nomad. .

I do have the SW motech side bag on the right side and need to see about the mod it will need.

but thanks again for your inputs. Your bike looks great.

Thanks,
Sid
Here’s the issue and the mod I did. I had to cut a wedge so the bracket could pass through, this has to be done at an angle to fit the shape of the bracket, so quite a bit of adjustment was required.

The tail kit is very thick aluminum so it will hold despite the long cut. The mod is not visible and the bracket fits very well once done.

Automotive tire Rim Bumper Vehicle brake Gas

Hood Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive tire Trunk

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motorcycle Vehicle

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@N0mad described it very well so nothing much to add, except the Minima, which I have on a Racer, is selectable with and without the indicator option.

I opted for tail/stop light only as we have spacing regulations on indicators.

The Minima is still plenty visible, although overall less so, especially at the sides as pointed out.

The kit can be supplied with optional indicators, but if not it still comes with mounts for aftermarket indicators of your choosing.

Another choice might be to add indicators that also incoporate stop lights.

As an aside the bottom picture is sweeeet N0mad
thanks @Weegie.

do you have side bags installed ?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here’s the issue and the mod I did. I had tu cut a wedge so the bracket piece could pass through, this has to be done at an angle to fit the shape of the bracket, so quite a bit of adjustment was required.

The tail kit is very thick aluminum so it will hold despite the long cut. The mod is not visible and the bracket fits very well once done.

View attachment 158834
View attachment 158835
View attachment 158836
View attachment 158837
Oh nice pics and some clarity, but I will need to install the external turn signals. . Looks like that will be a challenge.

thanks,

Sid

· Registered
300 Posts
@Sid7181 no I don't have any side bags installed on mine (I usually just ride on day's out and carry a small Kirega backsack)

Not a very clear picture but shows the Minima with Kellerman Rhombus indicators. Oh and the Minima doesn't have the alloy strip on the bottom, like the classic does

· Registered
619 Posts
One of the reasons I prefer to buy aftermarket shit from non-amazon / ebay sellers is because if a company has a headquarters in my country, customer service tends to be much better, vs communicating with someone in China (although Taiwanese companies seem to know whats up), and dealing with shipping and all that bullshit.

I've been super happy with my Minimus and I wish I had ordered it sooner, even though it's quite a bit of money compared to the less expensive chinese plastic stuff. It just doesn't make sense to buy a $14k toy and then outfit it with cheap crap.

I did have a concern about something with mine and Dedaelus sent me a replacement part no questions asked as soon as they had it in stock.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
2018 Racer
43 Posts
Here's a couple of shots of the minima kit with some Rizoma Club S's installed, along with the BMW/SWM brackets. Originally, I had the standard/classic tidy installed, but much preferred the retro look of this setup on the Racer. Also, the Club S's act as auxiliary tail lights and brake lights, as well as signals – more light is good.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

· Registered
2023 R Nine T, 719 Option | R 1250 GSA
88 Posts
Corey,

Thanks for those pictures. The tail tidy is my first mod once my bike arrives and i too have been on the fence between the Minima and the classic. Looking at yours, I am thinking Minima with the Club’s now.

Cheers,
Glenn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts