BMW NineT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Daedalus. I have a side bag which some people have indicated is not compatible and requires some bending to allow for the Daedalus.

Does anyone have pictures of what they had to do to get it working? Looking to avoid damaging mine if I can help it so it would be good to find the right way to do it first time around.

· Registered
2,801 Posts
I think the bag will cover up a part of the light. I also remember reading stacking the light with washers or something to change the height. Use the Search and it should produce you results.

The Deadalus is very nice but it all metal. I purchased the FBT because it was plastic and easier to flex and custom bend to my wunderlich one piece seat.

Once installed Deadalus vs FBT look very close to the same.

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the bag will cover up a part of the light. I also remember reading stacking the light with washers or something to change the height. Use the Search and it should produce you results.

The Deadalus is very nice but it all metal. I purchased the FBT because it was plastic and easier to flex and custom bend to my wunderlich one piece seat.

Once installed Deadalus vs FBT look very close to the same.
I only picked up this which referred to bending the bracket. No reference to problems with the lights being covered

https://www.ninetowners.com/forum/accessories-gear/137949-daedalus-tail-tidy-side-bag.html

· Registered
2,801 Posts

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tron part of the light wraps around the seat a little. When the bag is mounted it will probably cover up parts of if. For example the turn signal may be harder to see and partially covered by the bag.
I'll check it out when I get it. From the looks of this picture I found on Facebook, it still should be behind the light. The picture seems to align with the idea that it has to be bent about a half or quarter of an inch.

You can see the 3 attachment points for the bag and the attachments are fairly close to the edge of the bag.

· Site Sponsor
175 Posts
I can confirm, the OEM BMW pannier mount will not work with our kit without some modification. The problem is that rear most mount gets in the way of the light strip, and would actually collide with the metal itself. We modified one kit awhile back for a customer, but it required removing quite a bit of material, using a much shorter light strip, and it just didn't look how I would have liked.

I have seen on a couple occasions of customers making the Unit Garage pannier mount work with (I believe) a couple of spacers under the rear most bracket. It uses the same mounting points if I'm not mistaken

· Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can confirm, the OEM BMW pannier mount will not work with our kit without some modification. The problem is that rear most mount gets in the way of the light strip, and would actually collide with the metal itself. We modified one kit awhile back for a customer, but it required removing quite a bit of material, using a much shorter light strip, and it just didn't look how I would have liked.

I have seen on a couple occasions of customers making the Unit Garage pannier mount work with (I believe) a couple of spacers under the rear most bracket. It uses the same mounting points if I'm not mistaken
Thanks. I'll have a play when I get it and see if I can document what changes are required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.