BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the offering from DK Design? Although I like the twin analogs, this looks interesting.

·
Administrator
11,766 Posts
Looks nice! Wonder if it supports heated grips display...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like it!
It has a gas pump symbol, wonder if that translates to a "real" fuel gauge and as BD says, does it have the Heated Grips display?

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
207 Posts
Fuel gage can't be available if there's no sensor in the tank....

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,103 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
401 Posts
That's a very nice looking unit. It appears it would handle all the functions of the dual clock setup, but would be cheaper than adding the second OEM clock. Looks like it uses the OEM mounting bracket for the single clock. I only wonder how good the display is in bright sunlight. Sometimes that is an electronic unit's Achilles heel.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,103 Posts
Looks like it uses the OEM mounting bracket for the single clock.
I wondered about the housing so contacted them.
You need to purchase an OEM single-gauge housing to fit this into.

Reactions: BlitzSchnell

·
Registered
991 Posts
I wondered about the housing so contacted them.
You need to purchase an OEM single-gauge housing to fit this into.
Would be perfect for my basic bobber concept ... thanks to all for the lead ! ....Blitz

·
Registered
R nine T (2016)
5 Posts
I just had the same reply from them. where can we get a singe gauge housing for the 2016 classic?

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
207 Posts
It should be the one provided for both UGS and Scambler. You need the mounting bracket as well.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
207 Posts
Reactions: RedBaron

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
27 Posts
Found these vids for it on YouTube

I was looking for something like this before I got my bike but the motogadget was the only one that worked and looked any good. This is definitely better. I wonder if it’s possible to put a dual clock display together with this and something like the Tomtom Vio which would give you GPS. I guess they’d have to be the same size.

I’ve got a 2016 Classic and always thought the dual clocks with the lcd screen in between always looked a bit 90s, cheap and naff. This could be the fix perhaps.

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
27 Posts
Actually, just had a thought. This wouldn’t work on <2017 classics would it. They don’t have the bar mounted buttons to control the dial functions. Damn!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts