BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
201 - 220 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R Nine T
38 Posts
Alright- I figured it out. So for anyone who made the same mistakes I did: to unlock the pins from the terminal, you need to unlock the grey paddles inside the terminal, by pushing to them to the left (respectively). Then you need to push down the locking portion of the pin with a thin wire. Each row has two openings for inserting the pun, only one of which is filled when the pin is inserted. You put the wire in the open one and push down, which should unlock the pin without damage. Annoying AF but easier once you figure it out.

Now to remove the screw I stripped trying to remove the bracket….

·
Registered
2015 R Nine T
38 Posts
@dodgybugga Do you remember what you did with the Tire circumference option? It allows you to choose a percentage of something, but it is unclear (to me) what that something is.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
479 Posts
@dodgybugga Do you remember what you did with the Tire circumference option? It allows you to choose a percentage of something, but it is unclear (to me) what that something is.
Dodgybugga has attached the instruction PDFs at his #51 in this thread. Explains the concept of the circumference as well. With regular size wheel and new tires, keep at 100%.
Have fun!

·
Registered
2017 Prambler
362 Posts
I was looking for something like this before I got my bike but the motogadget was the only one that worked and looked any good. This is definitely better. I wonder if it’s possible to put a dual clock display together with this and something like the Tomtom Vio which would give you GPS. I guess they’d have to be the same size.
This gauge on the left and a GPS in the gauge pod on the right would be AWESOME!!!!

Best,
-Tim

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I may have missed it, but for the 2017+ is the tach wires not used and only the wire on the back of the Speedo? My gauge just arrived and I haven’t had a chance to start poking around the bike aside from just a visual glance (I’m at work) and do the two wires that go to the tach and the speedo/info have a splitter or something? I followed the wires from both gauges and they stay separate until they go under the tank where I can’t see if there’s a splitter of some sort.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I may have missed it, but for the 2017+ is the tach wires not used and only the wire on the back of the Speedo? My gauge just arrived and I haven’t had a chance to start poking around the bike aside from just a visual glance (I’m at work) and do the two wires that go to the tach and the speedo/info have a splitter or something? I followed the wires from both gauges and they stay separate until they go under the tank where I can’t see if there’s a splitter of some sort.
2018 Pure, unplugged the original meter and plugged in the DKD meter using only the original meter cable.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
2018 Pure, unplugged the original meter and plugged in the DKD meter using only the original meter cable.
Looks like nobody that has a 2017+ that has a tach installed this yet…

Out of curiosity, I traced the wires down under the tank and there is no split. They go to different spots in the harness.

I plugged in the Speedo cable (the one that goes into the tach is a different configuration) and you basically just tuck away the tach cable under the tank and it doesn’t get used. I wish the instructions would have mentioned this before I went through the trouble of wondering if I was missing a patch cable or lifting up the tank. Not that I plan on going back to stock gauges, but having something to cover up the tach connector that’s just dangling there/tucked away would be nice.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks like nobody that has a 2017+ that has a tach installed this yet…

Out of curiosity, I traced the wires down under the tank and there is no split. They go to different spots in the harness.

I plugged in the Speedo cable (the one that goes into the tach is a different configuration) and you basically just tuck away the tach cable under the tank and it doesn’t get used. I wish the instructions would have mentioned this before I went through the trouble of wondering if I was missing a patch cable or lifting up the tank. Not that I plan on going back to stock gauges, but having something to cover up the tach connector that’s just dangling there/tucked away would be nice.
Glad it worked out for you!
Most instruction sheets are relatively sparse e.g. "assembly is the reverse of disassembly"
Do you like the DKD meter, does it provide the info that you need and is there a 'delta' between the original speedo+tach and the solo DKD meter?
Just curious ....
Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great thread and very interesting product. Was there ever a consensus on the “memory/max” function working on the newer models (will be on a 21/22)

thanks

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Glad it worked out for you!
Most instruction sheets are relatively sparse e.g. "assembly is the reverse of disassembly"
Do you like the DKD meter, does it provide the info that you need and is there a 'delta' between the original speedo+tach and the solo DKD meter?
Just curious ....
Thanks.
It's a very good replacement. It's way more visible at night than the OEM gauges, so if you do a lot of night riding, that aspect alone is worth it. The display is VERY well laid out where it's much easier to glance down and see how fast you're going or what RPM you're at. There's no delay in RPMs when revving the engine, which is nice. There IS a delay when pressing the heated grip button. Press the button and if you don't wait a second and press it again, you'll end up going to the next setting. The menu button has no delay, but oddly the heated grip button has a 1-1.5 second delay from when you hit the button to it displaying the setting on screen. The other thing that takes longer to cycle on and off is the ABS and Traction control. Press the button and there's a slight delay just like the heated grip. Otherwise, I recommend it 100%

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
This is just an FYI to let everyone know that Wunderlich, although a little late to the party has the same Koso made digital speedo that DK Design offers, with the additional price bump that's usually associated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very cool. It’s just shocking how expensive these gauges are. $500 for this, $500 for the OEM tach. :confused: It’s like an information tax. Hah

·
Registered
37 Posts
Note: There is no indicator for heated grip :(
One of these videos in this thread did show the heated grip indicator working, but not sure which one. Seems there are 3 versions of this gauge. Koso, DK Design, and now Wunderlich, maybe they use diff SW? Perhaps its dependent on the package on the bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK, I thought KOSO and Wunderlich are the same?
I have confirmed with KOSO North America that the KOSO DL-04 model does not have the heated grip function.

·
Registered
414 Posts
OK, I thought KOSO and Wunderlich are the same?
I have confirmed with KOSO North America that the KOSO DL-04 model does not have the heated grip function.
Then why even bother buying the Koso? most R nine T's from 2017> have the heated grips..

·
Registered
R9teees
271 Posts
That’s funny, I was just telling someone the same thing. I don’t need R9T splashed all around the ring. I will have one though.

201 - 220 of 232 Posts