BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
89 Posts
Thanks guys. So it definitely only looks like the 2014-16 gauge isn’t registering the ODO reading from the bike correctly. I’ll send something to KOSO to get them to verify and hopefully rectify.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
470 Posts
Thanks guys. So it definitely only looks like the 2014-16 gauge isn’t registering the ODO reading from the bike correctly. I’ll send something to KOSO to get them to verify and hopefully rectify.
Ok: so I was able to take a closer look today, and ride for a few miles. I now have to admit that I was completely wrong, and I now state the opposite: On my 2016, it also doesn’t show the original mileage. Showing an odd number around 58xx mls, which is pretty much how much the original number was, it was actually counting back from the 6000 that I had set for the next oil change, since I just had that done. Sorry, my bad!
My only excuse is that literally “hell froze over“ in TX last week, we had no water for an entire week, so priorities had been shifted a bit. Have to run now, getting firewood...

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
470 Posts
So forgive my ignorance with modern electrics but how does that work, and when you refit the original clocks would the mileage get adjusted up.
Sorry, @PJS, the ignorance was on my side. Shame.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also asked the question to koso europe for the odometer for 2014-2016,
they replied that he was going to ask the engineers.
as soon as information I publish it here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hello i received Koso's answer:

"Following information to you question ODO from ECU

We stated on the instruction manual that
1. For old version of R-ninT, the original ODO will not be recorded to new meter, customer should manual setting
2. For new version of R-ninT, the original ODO will be auto be record on the new meter”

·
Registered
2016 R NineT Classic with aluminium tank with weld
89 Posts
Thanks for following up @skary13. Much appreciated.

Hmmm.... that must have been the instructions that they “thought” they’d sent out because it’s definitely not on any of the many versions of either model years instructions that I’ve seen and I’ve definitely looked. Yet another “documentation issue” to add to the list I guess.

I think they are not exactly being truthful.

But, it does clarify that the 2014-2016 gauge does not get the mileage data from the bike which is unfortunate and not ideal. Still, it’s a minor thing. I’m planning on keeping my bike for a long time but I’ll also keep the original guage just in case. I guess that the bike will always keep the right mileage which would be readable with a code reader or the OEM guages so all good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for following up @skary13. Much appreciated.

Hmmm.... that must have been the instructions that they “thought” they’d sent out because it’s definitely not on any of the many versions of either model years instructions that I’ve seen and I’ve definitely looked. Yet another “documentation issue” to add to the list I guess.

I think they are not exactly being truthful.

But, it does clarify that the 2014-2016 gauge does not get the mileage data from the bike which is unfortunate and not ideal. Still, it’s a minor thing. I’m planning on keeping my bike for a long time but I’ll also keep the original guage just in case. I guess that the bike will always keep the right mileage which would be readable with a code reader or the OEM guages so all good.
They should have been more clear/forthcoming with this, for sure. However, dodgybugga you are right. Keep the original gauge, just in case, and keep on riding!

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of the guys on here was trying with Koso to get a group buy on their single gauge setup. HAs there been any movement on this? I added my name as wanting to be notified of a deal. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Sorry. That was DK Design not Koso
Hey @Kid Thunder

I moved your post to the DK Design thread, the DK Design Group Buy thread has been closed because that event has run its course.

Read through this thread and the group buy thread for all the information you could ever want or need regarding this digital speedo.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R Nine T (Scrambler)
14 Posts
Wow this thread is dope. Will definitely pick up a gauge myself. My scrambler fortunately came with two gauge set up but I find it cumbersome...

·
Registered
608 Posts
2018 Pure
Fitted the meter and took a test, all functions are a "go" and no issues with the unit picking up the original odometer reading from the ECU. Love the fact that I can see the revs, the gear position, the voltage, the engine temperature and yes it does display the heated grips.
no fuel gauge, but then I knew that before buying it, it does have the stock "distance to empty" reading.

Anybody with this gauge take a ride in the rain?

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
470 Posts
2018 Pure
Fitted the meter and took a test, all functions are a "go" and no issues with the unit picking up the original odometer reading from the ECU. Love the fact that I can see the revs, the gear position, the voltage, the engine temperature and yes it does display the heated grips.
no fuel gauge, but then I knew that before buying it, it does have the stock "distance to empty" reading.

Anybody with this gauge take a ride in the rain?
Plus, it has this convenient memory function, so one doesn’t have to take a pic while ridin‘ ;-)
Cheers from a gorgeous 21C spring weekend deep in the heart of TX!

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
470 Posts
Hey Norbi. How do you recall the memory screen?
Hey @nico73 , on mine I’m just going through the menu with the (only) info button, as described in the menu. But there are two versions of this gauge, one for the older models -2016, the other for the later ones. As far as I’ve learned, they offer slightly different sets of info. I, for example, haven’t found a function that tells me my leftover miles on the current tank. I’d recommend @dodgybugga being the expert on this, can you jump in?

·
Registered
R9T Scrambler 2020
193 Posts
Hey @nico73 , on mine I’m just going through the menu with the (only) info button, as described in the menu. But there are two versions of this gauge, one for the older models -2016, the other for the later ones. As far as I’ve learned, they offer slightly different sets of info. I, for example, haven’t found a function that tells me my leftover miles on the current tank. I’d recommend @dodgybugga being the expert on this, can you jump in?
thank you very much Norbi 🙏🏻. I really appreciate. on my (> 2016) I can't do it and I can't even see the remaining kilometers on the tank. I’ll try

161 - 180 of 210 Posts