BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heh.. I must be majorley lacking in imagination. Apart from calling the HD Cross-Bones the 'The Springer' I tend to use the generic 'The Scoot' when talking to people about any of my bikes - i.e., I'm going for a run on 'The Scoot'. Anything used on the farm is called a 'Quad' or a 'Trail Bike'.

.....thinkin about it, I might call the Cafe Racer 'Caff'.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
JUGS, cause it reminds me of a pair

HaHa. Was just watching Atomic Blond and said, that’s a boxer engine, you can tell by the jugs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
2018 R Nine T UGS-Gunther
2008 R12ooRT-Wilhelm
2004 Triumph Bonneville- Bonnie, Her highness, her majesty
2007 328 xi- Hulda, after a Grandma of mine that emigraded from Germany

·
Registered
455 Posts
I call my scrambler Claire, decided to do a search to see what came up on google and here is what I found on urban Dictionary, fits about perfect.

1.) A Claire is the most beautiful and sweetest girl in the known universe. She has a wonderful laugh that makes people want to listen to all the time. She has a smile that inspires joy. A Claire also has a really enjoyable personality. She is so funny and smart that you don't want to stop talking to her. She is also extremely talented at most everything she does, especially music. A Claire will be the sweetest, most remarkable person you will ever meet in your lifetime.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Stones.

Because I had a V-Strom I named Sticks after having to use sticks to keep my camping gear off the muffler on a 3 hour ride.
Then it also became because sticks & stones can break your bones. As in (a) the bike or (b) riding with too much ego. Corny, I know.
Then when I sold the V-Strom and bought my Pure, the Catalano Grey clinched and it naturally became Stones.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I call my scrambler Claire, decided to do a search to see what came up on google and here is what I found on urban Dictionary, fits about perfect.

1.) A Claire is the most beautiful and sweetest girl in the known universe. She has a wonderful laugh that makes people want to listen to all the time. She has a smile that inspires joy. A Claire also has a really enjoyable personality. She is so funny and smart that you don't want to stop talking to her. She is also extremely talented at most everything she does, especially music. A Claire will be the sweetest, most remarkable person you will ever meet in your lifetime.

Almost like they had the R NineT in mind

·
Registered
49 Posts
Aegis

Perseus, the Greek mythological hero who beheaded Medusa owned a shield, given to him by Athena.
The shield had always to be kept in a mirror shine state, otherwise it would not serve its purpose. Perseus had to figure out himself how to use the shield while trying to kill Medusa.

By completion, years later together with his wife Andromeda, they returned the shield to Athena in her temple in Athens. Since then the face of Medusa has been ingrained to the shield and it became known as the Aegis of Athena - her sign, her standard and her warning to the world.

I like the meaning of the shield and its purpose while Perseus was the owner of it, that’s why the name of my Scrambler is Aegis.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My Pure is called Nina, what else, oh and this is just on description of what the name means...

Nina is the hottest girl on the face of the planet. She's funny, smart, and adorable. Every guy wishes he had her, and every girl wishes they were her. Nina is very caring, loyal to her friends (unless you piss her off), makes everyone around her smile, and very nice when she wants to be.

Nina needs a guy that will treat her right, a guy that will love her no matter what, a guy that will make her smile.

need I say more?:)

21 - 40 of 86 Posts