BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Beast, and considering I'm no beauty, I'm not sure how we've managed to stay together so long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 R NineT Urban GS - Rhonda
2009 HD Iron 883 - Black bike
2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM - The Dog
1989 Honda CB-1 - Little blue bike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Probably has been asked before but do any of you have a pet name for your ride/s. I have aways had a name for mine. Below were the names of my favourite bikes. Write in and share yours.

BMW R9T Racer..........................Lisel...Current
Moto Guzzi California..................Sophia.Current
BMW K1300R.............................Olga
Deus Ex Machina W650 alloy........Princess
triumph Speed triple 1050...........Judy
Triumph Thruxton 895.................Liz
Suzuki Boulevard........................Suzzie

There were other but they were one night stands.

:giggle:
I affectionately call my RnineT UGS "The Tractor" as according to a number of people my BMW is so very agricultural.

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
14 Posts
My 9T is called the "Mistress".

She's nothing but smiles to be with. Dead sexy to look at and the wife has no clue how much money I've spent on her. :D
First laugh out loud of the day, thanks for that! Quite close to the mark in my situation too...

Mine is Freyja after the Norse goddess of beauty, love and lust. She is amazing to behold, brings me both joy and rapture when we are out on our merry adventures together. Freyja was also known to be partial to jewellery and precious objects, which fits give I love adorning her with shiney new farkles (Option 719 anyone?) when my wallet and (more importantly) wife’s discretion allows.

Oh, and I spend a lot of time thinking about Freyja when I’m stuck at work on a sunny day...

·
Registered
705 Posts
No diss to anybody, but I cannot quite understand this fetish about naming an inanimate object, no matter how much one may be fond of it. I was heavily involved in small yacht building and racing for many years, many more years ago (and that's a pastime to gobble-up money!), but I never could bring myself to refer to my craft as a 'she'. My R9T remains an 'it' to me, but I have no argument with those who might like to call it 'Daisy' or whatever! To each his own 'n' all that.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
No diss to anybody, but I cannot quite understand this fetish about naming an inanimate object, no matter how much one may be fond of it. I was heavily involved in small yacht building and racing for many years, many more years ago (and that's a pastime to gobble-up money!), but I never could bring myself to refer to my craft as a 'she'. My R9T remains an 'it' to me, but I have no argument with those who might like to call it 'Daisy' or whatever! To each his own 'n' all that.
So, Lawrence,
Did you never have a boat with a name on the side? 😱.
I don’t think Fetish is the correct word for the act of naming possessions and if it’s good enough that our Queen does it, it will do for me.
Ken.

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
14 Posts
So, Lawrence,
Did you never have a boat with a name on the side? 😱.
I don’t think Fetish is the correct word for the act of naming possessions and if it’s good enough that our Queen does it, it will do for me.
Ken.
Guys and gals,

I don’t believe LoS intent was to be disparaging or condescending in any way; just raising an interesting observation that some of us choose to anthropomorphise our beloved objects (myself included). Some get it, some don’t; there is probably some interesting science around this. Hey, some individuals willingly choose to do this with their...erm...gentlemen sausage...now that would be an ‘revealing’ thread!

Ride more, worry less.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
No offence taken by me on Lawrence’s comments, just like I hope my comment doesn’t upset anyone. 😘
Ken.

·
Premium Member
18 Urban GS
31 Posts
My R1150 GS - Birtha because of her size

I have not come up with the right name for my Urban yet.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts