BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gets really annoyed with me for wanting to name my bikes. She thinks it's stupid to name an inanimate object such as a bike. I think she's jealous but I want to know if there are any other crazies out there such as myself who like naming their bikes. Please chime in. Need ammo against the wife on the topic.

I have a liquid-cooled blue GS called 'Isabella' and an R NineT called 'Scarlett'...

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
some Germans call it 'Ninette' .... that way their wives can't argue! ha :D
the name's meaning fits nicely - if one's inclined that way ... (as taken from this website)

NINETTE: Ninette \n(i)-nette, nin(et)-te\ as a girl's name has the meaning "He (God) has favored me; little girl; great-granddaughter; grace" and is a variant of Ann (Hebrew): simplified form of Anne, the English form of Hannah. Also a variant of Nina (Spanish, Hebrew): also diminutive of Ann (Hebrew) "grace". Also a variant of Ninon (French, Hebrew): ninon de Lenclos was a 17th-century aristocrat and Parisian belle famous for her wit and beauty.
Read more at Ninette - meaning of Ninette name

·
Registered
102 Posts
My current bike is Suzi, she's a 13year old GSX1400. Funny, hadn't thought about naming the nineT... Maybe when I finally get it I will think of naming it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm not much for naming things, but if I had to, mine would be Petra.
It almost requires a masculine name. While I am sure there are other countries that use the masculine gender for their country, I can only think of Deutschland/Germany that refers to their country as the vaterland/fatherland, while the rest of us refer to our country as the motherland, Mother Russia etc.

Interesting I thought. So, while I don't name inanimate objects, here's a first: I'm naming mine Dieter :D or perhaps Gunter, hmmm, now Wolfgang is . . . :D:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
my wife s name is Ingrid, so no go for me:eek:
When I was married, one month I noted down how much time I polished and caressed and lovingly paid attention to my bike and if there was equal time spent with my wife...now I can spend 100% on my new sweetheart Ingrid, I guess I am not all that good with math...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
246 Posts
my wife names all my bikes. i have a Ginger and a Betty. She also names my cars. my last was Joey.

she has not named the 9T yet. but she will.

strangely my GTI(s) never get names. she always calls those..."the GTI".

1 - 20 of 54 Posts