BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

Registered
2015 R NineT K21 2003 R1150RT
I bought my 2015 Classic well under $10K USD pre-owned. With just under 9,000 miles on the odometer, the bike was babied and in immaculate condition for a 7 year old motorcycle. I am very happy with the look, the performance, and It often turn heads when owners of other brands take notice.

Registered
Local dealer has a 2022 R NineT Classic for $19K lol! More than a R1250R and S1000R. How is this bike worth more than those other two? My 18' UGS was $14K OTD.

What is happening at BMW?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
Demand, Demand, Demand!
It's a good thing we bought cardboard when it was 16 cents a ton!
Now I'm thinking about taking my 2014 back to stock and selling it for about my buying price. Its a crazy market.

Premium Member
YES ! If the bike didn鈥檛 live up to its reputation with enough people singing it鈥檚 praise ..it just wouldn鈥檛 sell 鈥 You get what you pay for 鈥 no matter the region of the world, no matter the currency. It鈥檚 always a matter of, 鈥淗ow bad do you want it ?鈥 Then, If you want it 鈥 you鈥檒l pay what they are asking . 鈥.Get over it 鈥. Because when you look down ten years later and realize you鈥檝e got 1/2M miles on a motorcycle 鈥omehow the investment seems worth while. Go to a BMW international rally and you meet many many 200,000 mile machines 鈥 after all, 鈥f you wanted a VERY dependable engine 鈥 like in an airplane 鈥 where would you go 鈥? 鈥︹︹litz

Reactions: Baloo

Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
Fwiw.... I just spent close to $8k on a coffee machine and a grinder.... so not worrying about the bike living up to it's price so much at the moment....
Ain't that what it's all about?
Well said Noel!
We justify and rationalize why we do this or buy that ,when it's just a "me want " thing most of the time. I mean who are we kidding?
Motorcycles (for the most part) are purchased with discretionary income and never acquired because of sound fiscal judgment.
It brings us joy.
I don't see myself spending 8K in one shot for an espresso maker and grinder but dammit man I respect you for that and fully expect several espressos to be made for me if said espresso machine, you and myself are In the same room.

Premium Member
The fleet...9T 鈥榗lassic鈥 F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
We鈥檙e a country of tea drinkers and we have a Yorkshire brand!! Dunno why it鈥檚 called that as it鈥檚 from India most likely as we鈥檝e many others too but anything made or come through Yorkshire 鈥楪ods country鈥 we鈥檙e proud of (as I鈥檓 a Yorkshireman!)

Registered
The fact it's more expensive than those other models yet arguably costs BMW less to produce, especially if development costs are considered, is kind of irrelevant. It obviously represents more value to buyers. I wouldn't choose those other models over the 9T even if the price gap was much greater - I want the 9T.

Cheers, Dom

Registered
I've probably done about 13,000frs on mine by now and I don't regret any of it.

I won't ever sell it, I learnt my lesson on that with a ducati and ktm that should still be in the garage.

It's a thing that gives me great pleasure and the trips I have done with it means we have swapped some dna and I have a great deal of affection for it. It's beautiful, analogue, heavy, muscular and built by actual germans out of metal. You feel a bit like you're going back in time each time you swing a leg over it.

I can't put a value justification on something that brings me so much joy, pleasure and personal space to think. Sorry for the bold. Can't turn that off for some reason

Premium Member
I think like you Dave 鈥. My entire mood shifts every time I ride, it is my therapy and touch stone as well as my time machine 鈥. It鈥檚 just more than a simple bike 鈥 I鈥檝e had dozens of those but never like my Blitz. 馃憤馃徎

Premium Member
I'm struggling to get on with the suspension to be honest.
@Fast H, Maybe you need a Big Bagger Harley Davidson 鈥. It鈥檚 like an easy chair on two wheels with air shocks 鈥..Your riding a Cafe鈥 racer capable of 140+ miles an hour 鈥. That鈥檚 why it rides stiff 鈥. We鈥檙e you expecting it to some how get softer after you left the dealership ? There are dozens of aftermarket suspensions available 鈥. What kind of ride did you think you bought ?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts